Astra Owners Network banner

Does the Display Illuminate After Removing Keys

634 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  The Apprentice 
#1 ·
I got out of my car yesterday afternoon, having firstly removed the ignition key and shut the door, locked it on the remote and then much to my suprise noticed that the 3 line display and the instrument panel back lights came on. After about 20-30 seconds they lost the supply. Is this normal, as I've never noticed it happen in the past 10 or 11 months of owning the car.

It's been behaving strangely, a few weeks ago I was sat in the car having moved it some 200 yards or so, stopped it with the engine ticking over and the engine speed picked up to 5000 or 6000 rpm and my foot was no where near the throttle pedal, it lasted at that speed for about 6 to 8 seconds. Anyone experienced either of the happenings?

#6 ·
Yeah, I'm with you on the illumination on key removal, but is everything in order having got out, shut the door and locked it with the remote... when the instrument panel and the 3 line display come on? Incidentally, I didn't notice whether the interior light came on again, but I would expect that when I unlocked/opened the door.

However I went thro' the process of taking the key out of the ignition, getting out, closing the door, locking it on the remote last night... and it didn't suddenly all light up... well not last night!!!

Mmmm, theatre lighting are you talking about the interior lighting coming on when you unlock with the remote?

#7 ·
Had something similar to your strange RPM happening: a few months ago I was going down the motorway in 6th gear, the speedo, rev counter and petrol gauge all dropped to zero, all warning lights illuminated, then went off, and gauges went back to their correct places again. Its as if something decided to re-boot itself, but the car continued as per normal. Its been fine ever since. :sus:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.