Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. The dmf is going on my Astra. So wondering what everyone would recommend. I'm toying with the idea of going smf as it will get rid of the dreaded dmf but is it a good idea? I have heard many different stories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been looking at the valeo smf conversion around £340 for the complete kit including the csc.

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
Bare in mind you'll need a sprung clutch to lesson the vibrations through the transmission, can't use the DMF clutch or you'll be ripping it back out in a few weeks/months.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
I have the Valeo kit in my Golf and it's excellent. I've heard that the Astra kit isn't necessarily as good

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a proper smf conversion and comes with 12 months warranty. £1500 is almost as much as what the car is worth. I will be doing the conversion myself so save a lot in labour costs

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
When he said it should be £1500 rather than £340 he wasn't implying that the cost difference is labour. The cost difference is in parts design/quality

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I'm not sure where people look for bits to be so expensive as I thought I would have a look round and everywhere I have looked the most expensive smf kit I can find is £650 and that's with a 6 paddle clutch and with a standard clutch the most expensive I can find is £560

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I've recently read on the alfa forum that valeo have stopped been supplied in one of the smf kits as it's poo and fails in the smf format and the are using a Sachs part instead.

I've also read that the m32 box is been run in the smf option with no problems in the alphas but they are struggling with slip when getting near 300bhp on the derv

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info. Money's a little tight at the moment for me which is why I'm looking at the valeo smf kit from eurocarparts. My Astra is the 150 derv but running at around 215bhp now as soon as I got the extra power added the dmf started to go

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Thanks for the info. Money's a little tight at the moment for me which is why I'm looking at the valeo smf kit from eurocarparts. My Astra is the 150 derv but running at around 215bhp now as soon as I got the extra power added the dmf started to go

I've got a hybrid running 230 and I put a new std clutch and dmf in and it's fine no slip yet.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts