Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just failed my MOT for break pads and they also recommended the discs be changed too. I took a look on EuroCarParts and there are a few different brands available, any to avoid?

I'm also going to invest in a pair of Axle stands and a wind back tool. Anything else I need to consider before doing the job? Any gotchas to keep an eye out for?

Pads (Front)
£15.53 Eicher Premium
£30.99 Pagid
£31.49 Bosch
£32.49 Brembo
£51.99 ATE
£82.99 ATE Ceramic

Pads (Back)
£17.99 Eicher Premium
£20.99 Pagid
£23.49 Brembo

Disc (Front)
£20.49 Eicher Premium
£26.49 Pagid
£28.49 Brembo
£31.99 Bosch
£40.49 ATE

Disc (Rear)
£16.49 Eicher Premium
£24.99 Pagid
£25.99 Brembo
£26.49 Bosch
£27.99 ATE

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,

Brembo are the brakes I always choose. Well made and never once had issues. Not keen on Eicher or Pagid, but thats personal preference.

Make sure you have plenty of brake cleaner, for all four corners I would grab two cans. Clean everything!!!

Copper grease, and a good socket set should do it.

i wrote this yesterday for Astra G, I can't seeing it being much different. Hope it helps you

http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?330569-Front-Brake-Disc-and-Pad-Change

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,719 Posts
I wouldn't get the cheaper brembos from ECP( got similar ones fitted to the 156 and don't rate them much and think they are being sold on the back of the name), would always go padgid from euros.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone.

I managed to order the wrong front discs so I had to make an emergency trip to my local EuroParts shop and get them changed. Other than that it went well and it feels much better now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts