Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know if the screens either bid, gid or cid have a fuse? , (on the screen as the radio has it, I know that they do not carry it), I mean in the rec of the trunk because in the uec of the motor I do not believe.

Scheme I have a little battery consumption and the last thing I changed was the screen for a cid and I think it is the problem and in order not to disassemble it I would like to know if there is a fuse to remove it and see if the consumption continues while the car is in garage, since the consumptions of the glove compartment and air flaps seem not to.

馃憤馃槈

Registered
Astra j estate sri
Do you know if the screens either bid, gid or cid have a fuse? , (on the screen as the radio has it, I know that they do not carry it), I mean in the rec of the trunk because in the uec of the motor I do not believe.

Scheme I have a little battery consumption and the last thing I changed was the screen for a cid and I think it is the problem and in order not to disassemble it I would like to know if there is a fuse to remove it and see if the consumption continues while the car is in garage, since the consumptions of the glove compartment and air flaps seem not to.

馃憤馃槈

in engine bay UEC fuse no. 38 20A

Registered
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Registered
Astra j estate sri
The number 38 UEC? There is only until 36 ?, l remove it to see if it is the problem.

I'm confused .

UEC:

36. Mobile phone / radio / Twin Audio system / multifunction display - 7.5 A

REC:

36. Electrical equipment for towing

38. Central locking system - 25 A

I looked at it in the manual but wasn't sure if that would be the fuse.

Thanks.

sorry its no. 36 fuse..yep that right fuse no.36 not 38 sorry..must be looking at wrong fuse box diagram

i checked fuse no. upto 36 not 38

i have swapped mines from TID to GID display and change code index 09 have correct fuel range
i never have a problems..if swapping display must turn off ignition..

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I will try to remove the fuse 36 UEC to check if it is the screen failure, I think the code is fine since ates had a gid and I put all the codes the same

The only thing it doesn't have is the carpass because I don't know and I carry an android radio

Registered
Astra j estate sri
I will try to remove the fuse 36 UEC to check if it is the screen failure, I think the code is fine since ates had a gid and I put all the codes the same

The only thing it doesn't have is the carpass because I don't know and I carry an android radio
The code are the same for fuel range...changing the any display BID/GID/CID must change the code index for correct fuel range...the display do not require carpass, the display are paired up with cd30...if take another cd30 plug in another display still works but will get a messages on display saying "display safe" needs opcom to pairing up.. if take another cd30 with display are plug n play...

Ask @Davo about the display, must sure is display fault try another one display

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I do not have a serial radio I have an android so there is no problem, I just think that this screen consumes my battery for something .

KS cid .

Registered
Ideally, the best way is to fit a paired radio and display, then remove the radio, other than that it鈥檒l need tech 2 to get things right, especially if you don鈥檛 have the passcode

Iv never seen 1 refuse to work at all tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
It would be appropriate but I don't know the code on the screen :cry: .
Really needs tech2 on it then to program it, opcom won鈥檛 do anything if you haven鈥檛 got the code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
You can program with opcom as much as possible but the code, not knowing it, I couldn't do it

Registered
You may get the code from a dealer for a fee, I think.

Removing the display fuse solved my battery drain. That is a US Astra so is probably related to OnStar based on the incomplete schematic available. Your battery drain surely will be different.

That said, I enjoy driving with no screen, especially at night so have not been motivated to finalize repair.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
I am going to test with the fuse if it is the screen and if it is the problem I will have to change it the cid.

Registered
On the CD30 there is a removable fuse on the back of the radio. If you have a similar fuse on your Android radio, you can remove that to test for parasitic drain.

This is a useful thread diagnosing parasitic drain potentially related to a VXR screen (particularly the first post).

By the way, the UEC tends to get water inside so pins get corroded on these cars and can cause electrical issues. It is easy to disassemble and inspect. There are guides here with photos. I don't think that is your issue but is a remote possibility.

Unrelated. Once you solve this electrical issue, you might want to clean the grounds and power connections as they tend to corrode on the Astra. I cleaned the battery terminals/clamps, power fuse connections, the grounds under the battery and UEC, the alternator connections, the starter connections...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts