Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear AstraOwners,

Is there any way to totally disable the Low Oil Level Sensor located in the oil sump? Is it possible to short the wires, just as you would with the coolant level sensor?

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Certainly wouldn’t be something I’d advise! Better to get the sensor changed, and less chance of blowing the engine to pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
H
If it's because it leaks you could have the sump removed next oil change and put a new O ring 9n it.
Hey Michael, it's not leaking at all. Not a single drop of oil. I made sure of this as I brake cleaned the area so it was spotless. The oil levels on the dipstick side is fine, so it's a faulty oil level sensor (otherwise known as a 'MINIMUM OIL LEVEL sensor'). You're right on the $260 fee for just a sensor on an old car, hence to why I wanted to know whether the ECU can be 'tricked' by shorted the wires (just like the coolant level sensor wires). Otherwise, I can just live with the illuminated low oil light on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Certainly wouldn’t be something I’d advise! Better to get the sensor changed, and less chance of blowing the engine to pieces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Davo, I'll check some options prior to committing as the car is old.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dear guys,did you find anything on the pedal test which is throttle+brake then turn ignition on, wait 5secs&read the odometer, Mine call's it an ECN? There is a 68page book of fault codes that you can download as well. Mine is a 2007 H twintop Bought for$1500(less than an iPhone in AUS).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dear guys,did you find anything on the pedal test which is throttle+brake then turn ignition on, wait 5secs&read the odometer, Mine call's it an ECN? There is a 68page book of fault codes that you can download as well. Mine is a 2007 H twintop Bought for$1500(less than an iPhone in AUS).
No, nothing comes up in terms of ECN error codes or the OBD2 scan port.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts