Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Main dealer wants £334 for new coil pack off the shelf. One on my Astra j 1.4t is the original Delphi with Delphi number and GM number stamped on.
Europarts, autodoc etc sell the Delphi for anything between £70-£110. Autovaux (gm part) is £180. Are the cheaper Delphi ones exactly the same as the GM Delphi ones? The price difference just seems huge?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually I should have seen all the other threads on this but I mis spelt my search. Appears that perhaps it needs to be the genuine GM part? Autovaux look like the place to go!

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Autovaux if you want genuine boxed,personally i'd get the Delphi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. Been reading lots of horror stories about cheap aftermarket coil packs and damage caused. Better splash out then!! Never been let down by Autovaux. I’m still wondering if the £100 Europarts Delphi is the same as the genuine GM Delphi at over twice the cost. Can’t be surely?

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Autovaux list a Delphi option as well as GM

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So they do. I wonder really what the difference is? Apart from £100. Recent experiences (and older and wiser) make me inclined to go for the GM part for important components like this to save the likelihood of standing on the side of the motorway in the ******* rain “wishing” I had just spent that extra £100!! I also trust Autovaux not to be ripping me off.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
i know what i would use and have done in the past,but It's your car and your money,so it's your shout really.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Appreciate your help. Thanks. Wish I knew what the difference was though between the Delphi at £89 and the Delphi (genuine gm part) at £189. That’s what’s holding me back at the moment. I can’t believe they are same spec. Especially since the £189 one is still well reduced from Vauxhall dealer price.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I can't help you there with any difference(if any),but having spent 45 years working at a vx dealer i can tell you the mark up made by Vx and the dealer can be eye watering :whistle:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts