Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Daniel's Vauxhall Astra 1.8VVTi SRi+ 140bhp (58) in Metro Blue

Mod DIARY.
16/09/12 - Went to view the Astra today over at Scunthorpe. She was right at the back of the showroom. Immaculate and beautiful. Within minutes I was test driving, within some more minutes after a check with the insurance, (that I can insure her as I'm 20 years old), the deposit is down! BOOM. Now I've got to wait till next Friday to collect her as she gets a MOT and full service. It's going to be a LONG week that's for sure.

Specification

Vauxhall Astra 1.8 VVTi 140bhp Sport Hatch
Metallic Metro Blue
28600 miles on the clock
Full Exterior Pack
18" Penta Alloys
Xenon Lights
Keyless Entry
Keyless Start
ESP plus
Traction Control
3200 LS Parrot phone kit pre installed
iPhone connector (somewhere)
AUX connector
Road Angel fitted
Lowered sports suspension

And all the usual SRi fittings.

First photos taken at the dealer.

UPDATE - 23/09/12 -So, It's Sunday, she's all mine. And wonderful she is. A lot of difference in the handling as opposed to my other 5 door Astra Design which I will be selling soon. I've driven 200 miles since Friday and have loved every mile.

I'm still impressed with the Sport Button and the fact it does make a difference, I have always been quite optimistic regarding the sport button, never really thought it would do anything. Went to Halfords yesterday and brought myself some bright red brake calliper paint. I was temped by blue but, I love red callipers. I appreciate all your suggestions but red is for me xD

Only got the one photo so far as I've been a very busy bean. This was taken pretty much as soon as I got home on Friday, It's chucking it down with rain at the moment so I will get some more when it's worth it, she has to look her best for you guys!

Plans for this week, well back to work for me, but I need to sort out the private plate transfer and paint the callipers and give her a good minting session.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate! What are AFL's?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
hi mate there lights that corner as you turn to follow the road

here are some standard head lights (my car)

and if you look at your their projectors :)

Edit: just seen u listed them as xenon's

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
What an awesome car, colour and spec!!

May I ask how much your getting her for mate?

Ps, AFL's are worth £500+ alone or £1000 factory fitted I believe!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Nabz, thanks mate :) I can't wait to get hold of her. I got her for £8000. Are you sure they are AFL's though? I would have thought the dealer would have pointed them out!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Either that or angel eyes.. But worth a closer picture bud, pretty certain it's AFL's.. And the dealer has put down bi-xenon so that's what they mean

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They are defiantly AFL's as the angel eye projector globe is the otherway round. Also the indiacator lens is clear and not orange. Very nice spec'd car though!
Awesome! Thanks guys! Anything else you guys can tell me? Any decent mods via teck2? (However you spell it :p)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice car mate :) I have the same colour and engine etc but im yet to start a thread lol need to get hold of a decent camera first.

I have done a few things to mine but nothing to major.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice car mate :) I have the same colour and engine etc but im yet to start a thread lol need to get hold of a decent camera first.

I have done a few things to mine but nothing to major.
Hi Jamielieb, thanks! What mods have you done? I don't want to do anything major =)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice car mate (Y)

If you decide you don't want the AFL's anymore, give me a shout :lol:
Haha Okaii Bud! If that day ever comes... your top of my list!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi mate.

I have de badgd my boot strip and colour coded it and my v-grille at the front. I have my alloys in gloss black and painted my calipers. I have also just finished wrapping my interior in carbon as I was getting bored of the silver lol :) and I have a closed induction kit which sounds nice :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you got any photos bud? Sounds good!

·
Registered
129 Posts
No I havent unfortunately. Recently had my car window smashed and my iphone stolen and that had all my photos on :( will get some taken when I get a new phone :) what plans have you got?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No I havent unfortunately. Recently had my car window smashed and my iphone stolen and that had all my photos on :( will get some taken when I get a new phone :) what plans have you got?
That sucks! Sorry to hear that! To be honest, I don't actually know, I'm just too excited about getting it. I'm just reading through some progress threads to see what I like. I'll let you know when I have some ideas!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 42 Posts