Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your pictures need to be uploaded onto a photo sharing website like imgur to work - but here is a link regarding the legalities for number plates:

http://www.bnma.org/legislation.html
Ah right, so my slogan at the bottom woulnd't be allowed... Are the raised carbon letters and border ok? I can't find much on there about them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just found a website called Number1Plates.com, but now after reading that I'm not sure they're an authorised supplier?
And I got standard plates from Halfords before, but they never had any Halfords branding or anything on them, they were completely plain, but I'm sure the article you sent says their information should be on there?
I'd much prefer it if it wasn't though haha

·
Registered
118 Posts
Or just press printscreen and stick it on Photobucket :shrug:
Photobucket... And that would be why half the images throughout the forum don't show up any-more. By using Gyazo you do not have to store any unwanted images on your pc, you screen catch whatever portion of the image you are looking at and it uploads it onto it's own webpage, that's it. I have done dozens upon dozens of tuts on a torrent site I was admin on and every image captured with Gyazo is still there to this day, no usage limit.

·
Registered
32,559 Posts
Photobucket... And that would be why half the images throughout the forum don't show up any-more. By using Gyazo you do not have to store any unwanted images on your pc, you screen catch whatever portion of the image you are looking at and it uploads it onto it's own webpage, that's it. I have done dozens upon dozens of tuts on a torrent site I was admin on and every image captured with Gyazo is still there to this day, no usage limit.
Photobucket isn't stored on your PC either. It's stored online, just like the system you describe, but more well known and probably more likely to stay alive. Not saying Gyazo is going to die, but I'd say Photobucket is more popular so less likely to be disappearing any time soon.

·
Premium Member
59,266 Posts
as above, Photobucket doesn't store anything locally. The reason that the Photobucket images on this site are gone is because they are old and users have deleted them or through malicious reasons

·
Registered
118 Posts
You said it yourself, 'just press printscreen', you will be saving those images to your pc, then uploading them, then placing that image here... We stopped using photobucket years ago due to usage limits, images disappearing from title descriptions. You don't have to believe me, you just have to look around the forums. As for Gyazo, it's a app you install on firefox or chrome, it sits on your taskbar, click it, screen shot, uploads automatically and webpage opens automatically. I can tell you which one is (a) easier to use and (b) images last longer.

·
AON Resident Cynic
14,656 Posts
Are they road legal? No.

Are they likely to get you pulled? Not hugely, but there's a greater risk than standard obviously. However if you come across a total ******** of a police officer you might get a £60 fine. But it's non-endorsable, and let's face it we only really care about points. :shrug:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.