·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought id make a proper progress thread :) so here goes

pics when i first got her 100% standard

gave it a good clean

then started to change it started with de-badging it

then took off the side bump strips (forgot to take pics)

went to conners day 2012 so gave her a really good clean doby, engine bay and inside

lately i have fitted HID's (yes standard lenses but will eventully get HID lenses of some sort when i find a set i like n have the money)

and while the grille is of im colour coding the chrome and guna spray the black part black (so i dont have to mess around with back to blacking it XD)
this is how it is atm with the primer

this week im hoping to have the grill finished n put back on and my new headunit installed

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Nice motor there.

How long does it take you to spray a grill? I can get mine done in 4 hours, 6 if I have a coffee break.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
looking good.

I know there was the long argument over the HIDs in the other thread. but with you having reflector lights im assuming the bulbs are H7r. If they are you will need to buy new bulbs when you buy your projector headlights as the H7r will only work in reflectors and in projectors it scatters the beam pattern

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well just a quick update as to what iv been doing recently the HID's i got first of the balasts were on the way out so i got some new ones(with canbus error free system) and got some new led side lights (also canbus error free system) not finished the grille yet as i havent had time with working full time(nights) and im now doing full time at college. piks up to now,

my new side lights

fitting the HIDs

i will put pics up later when it gets darker with the side lights n new hid's :)

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pics of the new side lights n head lights sorry about piks being a lil crappy they were taken on my phone

side lights

headlights

·
Registered
378 Posts
Looking good mate! Any other plans?

I love red Astra's I wanted on but the Mrs hates Red!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
colour coding my grille atm when i get time lol my just take it to a garage lol will get it done quicker, the backing iv nearly finished (its still black) still need to fit my new headunit n thats it for this year lol, next year will be windows tinting n afew other bits which ill not be saying just yet :D

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
well little update i have finally had time to finish my grille and the backing so here a pic of it finished and on the car

also got some red sidelights (for shows/big cruise meets only)

what you recon?

im in the process ov painting my calipers atm will post pics tomorrow when finished and my car is booked in for window tints on friday so will give the car a good wash n polish n then will put pics of the tints then :)

comments welcome :)

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
finished the calipers today all thats left to do this year is get my windows tinited this friday n finish fitting my headunit :)

1 - 20 of 562 Posts