Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! i,ve been lurking on here for some time!...At last i have my new van,,,, sportive with all the extras except Cruise Control . Now here is the problem. The salesman said they would fit and activate it before i collected it. I got the call " come on down, the vans arrived! At that point i said have you sorted the cruise.. " Oh i forgot he said, but we,ll do it now.. I arrived at the dealers signed the papers and then said have you sorted the cruise. " Oh sorry we cant do it, the new vans have a sim now and so it cant be done on the tech 2. He then added he had asked someone he knew about 20 miles away and i rang them to be informed it<ll cost £ 250.00. Can anyone clarify please am i having the wool pulled or is there any truth in this! I have seen all the posts on here re cruise and it seems that the above claims dont match what im reading on here. >>> I live outside manchester and would love to be pointed in the direction of someone who could Cruise my van although not for 250.00 i may add. TIA...NEWBY!(Y)

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
it should be about £30 for the stalk and about £25 for it to be programmed, unless because its a brand new van they have changed anything. when hge says sim, i suspect he means CIM which is column integrated module - the bit the stalks plug into around the steering wheel

·
Registered
686 Posts
drop stampede a message, sounds a load of tosh to me
as above, contact stampede, or pecky, both knowledgeable and top blokes they wil tell you for deffinate. problem is a lot of garages and sales people dont have a clue how to work the tech 2 program properly, they do they have spent many hour learning and a lot of money getting the proper equipment, so they know their stuff

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Nige)
17,684 Posts
what year is the van? I haven't heard any talk that anything was done to the brand new ones to make it hard to retrofit it.

stampede is only in bradford so not that far from you and would think you'd be looking at around £60 to supply and fit it for you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the quick reponses... its and brand spanking new van! Going to Bradford would be no problem actually. Being new to all this .. How do i contact the guy you mention.. TIA

·
Registered
203 Posts
We just had 2 brand new 12 plate 1.3 ecoflex vans done By automobili in Blackburn with opcom so they defiantly can be done.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I've got a 12plate 1.7 sportive XP and was told the same old tosh from the main dealer. A quick trip to AS Autocare in Widnes (highly recommended) fitted stalk and programmed up on tech 2 and all is working fine. Enabled anti hijacking while he was at it. Cost me around £60 all in and he dropped me off at a nearby Costa coffee place in his full VXR van while he did the work. Thought he might have to fit the clutch switch and wiring loom but everything was already fitted from new.
Hope this helps.
Boshman

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers boshman! Thats put my mind at rest at least i now know it can be done at a fair price. why oh why do they come out with all this dross! I would have respected them if they said we dont want to do it and got it fettled elswhere! Now because they told me a pack of porkies i doubt i'll bother with them again!

·
Registered
675 Posts
you should get it done, then take arnold shark the bill since they agreed before you bought it that they would do it.

+1 definately! even if it wasn't in writing it was a verbal contract...try your luck, why not!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll drop him a message to look in here mate
Nige....Thanks very much, stampede is going to sort it at some point likely next week!.

Thanks very much to the other posters for the input, which was very helpful!

To the posters who reckon i should take the bill to the dealers.....Nice one! ... I'm going to do just that!

To name and shame them... PENTAGO(AWAY)ON YOUR BIKE,( WE'LL TELL YOU ANYTHING TO BUY A VAN)!

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Nige)
17,684 Posts
Nige....Thanks very much, stampede is going to sort it at some point likely next week!.

Thanks very much to the other posters for the input, which was very helpful!

To the posters who reckon i should take the bill to the dealers.....Nice one! ... I'm going to do just that!

To name and shame them... PENTAGO(AWAY)ON YOUR BIKE,( WE'LL TELL YOU ANYTHING TO BUY A VAN)!

Nice one mate, let him twist your arm for a full smd conversion whilst you're there, you won't regret it :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:D:DI now have a van with with cruise control, thanks to this board, nige and in particular STAMPEDE!

nige pm'ed stampede who was very quick in getting me messaged.. Told me where and what to get via a link, all this happening on Friday! saturday morning arrives and so does the part, amazing, as it was via Royal Mail! A quick call to stampede who suggested i drive over today! Brilliant!.. A short trip over the m62 to West Yorks. 20 mins after i arrived i had a van with cruise control and anti hi-jack!
i would like to put on record my thoughts of stampede's service, nothing short of superb! I have no hesitation in recommending him and the service he provides, clearly he knows his stuff!(Y)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts