Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a 53 gsi. cruise control works fine bar the speed down function. the speed up button works fine but the slow down button doesnt??

every thing else is fine with it. although i rarely use it i would like to sort it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
on a 53 gsi. cruise control works fine bar the speed down function. the speed up button works fine but the slow down button doesnt??

every thing else is fine with it. although i rarely use it i would like to sort it.

this happend on my astra gsi. it was a 52 plate. it turned out that 1 of my rear bulbs had gone and it also made this happend.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
rear bulbs? what one? that is strange lol.

just checked mine, all working ok, front and rear

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes its on a few models of the mk 4. standard on my gsi.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've just experienced the same thing on my 53 plate.

I figured it to be the button for activating the cruise control is used often so still functions easily, but the button which is used to decelerate or re-start at previous speed setting is not used so much and mine was stuck with crud, just a bit of pursuation and its now not spot on but getting better.

When you press it do you feel the button click? If yes then its not this. If the button does not click spray a small amount of WD40 in and work the button.

Garry

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the button does click, but is alot stiffer that the up speed. its harder to push. ill try to give it a clean. can you prise it out?

failing this does anyone have any other susjestions

thanks guys

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks Garry J, your post help me sort the problem

chears buddy

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Glad you got it sorted mate.

I have trouble with my 'slow down' button. Not that it doesn't work, just often end up accidentally flashing my main beams when I'm trying to do it :lol:

·
Registered
48 Posts
When setting the cruise control make sure you are not resting your foot on the clutch or brake like i was, was confused why mine wouldn't work one time until i realised i was riding the clutch :lol:

Garry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts