Astra Owners Network banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks for your input.

I have literally tried everything, Any combination of accelerating, braking, turning it on, off, clutch etc are to no avail.

I'm with you on the idea that one of the clutch/brake switch is interfering when in 5th, but imo changing from 4th to 5th shouldn't do anything different to the switches than say, 2nd to 3rd, so it's weird how when I drop it from 5th to 4th it turns on straight away no issues:grin:

Going to ring Vauxhall HQ tech support after advice from a friend who worked for Vauxhall as a part dealer. Probably going to come to nothing, but worth a try I guess.

In reply to a previous idea, disconnecting the battery didn't fix it :pensive:

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
The only difference that I can think of is the one already mentioned. A clutch can slip more in one gear than another, in this case fifth, which is causing your issue

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for your input.

I have literally tried everything, Any combination of accelerating, braking, turning it on, off, clutch etc are to no avail.

I'm with you on the idea that one of the clutch/brake switch is interfering when in 5th, but imo changing from 4th to 5th shouldn't do anything different to the switches than say, 2nd to 3rd, so it's weird how when I drop it from 5th to 4th it turns on straight away no issues:grin:

Going to ring Vauxhall HQ tech support after advice from a friend who worked for Vauxhall as a part dealer. Probably going to come to nothing, but worth a try I guess.

In reply to a previous idea, disconnecting the battery didn't fix it 😔
Did you ever fix this

21 - 23 of 23 Posts