Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Opel Astra G Caravan Y20DTH... in LIGHT MINT
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first time posting on this forum, but I reckon my chances are best for actually getting clues.
Also, I don't live in the UK but I'm sure that won't be an issue.

Anyway, back on topic.
I have a 2002 Astra G with Y20DTH engine.
According to my OPCOM clutch and brake pedal switches required for cruise control are present.
However, after installing the indicator switch with the cruise control buttons, nothing is happening.
OPCOM is showing that the O(Off) key on the cruise control is always active, and other buttons are being ignored.
Any clues as to what I'm missing here or what would be my next steps?

Thank you all in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you manage to get it working bud?
Unfortunately, no. After doing some digging, I've learned that Y20DTH supposedly has several ECUs that support it(older versions of OPCOM helped me figure this out). And as it turns out, mine was the one that did not have the Cruise Control module.
If you have an OPCOM yourself(or a clone, they work too), try to connect to the Cruise Control module. If it never connects then that's propably why.

So yeah, considering I do things on a budget, I'll propably stow away this project until I have the time and the funds to look for different ECU models at my local wreckyards and mess around with them.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That’s too bad mate but Keep at it.
My 1.7dti has the cruise control option on opcom and the correct brake light switch/CC option.
I just need to get a stalk with the buttons on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Take a look at connectors behind your steering column(you may need to unscrew the plastic bits covering it). If there is a a 4-pin connector around there, you're golden - just get the stalk and you're good to go I reckon. As for the stalk itself, ask around your local wreckyards - they'll surely help you out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts