Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted an intercooler supplied by Courtney Sports,last year on my old van i fitted one by TX Autosports which did the job but was a real balls ache to fit,
So i opted for the Courtney one, ok it doesn't come cheap but everything just bolts straight on with no aggro,its a very well thought out package and i'm chuffed to bits with it.
Gonna give it a nice run tomoro and see how it feels then plug it into my IPF to see what new maps are available.
From my point of view it was worth every penny and i highly recommend it.

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
I don't want to say I told you all so, but..............................

As for your IPF, you'll need to spaek to Regal mate and have them up your tuning level to stage 2 before you can pick then, unless you already had access to phase 2 maps?

·
Registered
496 Posts
I have access the Phase 2 on IPF already, just need an upgraded intercooler. I would be interested to hear more about the Courtenay one please. :)

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Have you tried picking it though Mike, they recently updated all the EDS software and tuning levels were introduced.

It's one thing being able to see then, it's another thing trying to choose one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did have access to the stage 2 maps from my last van so hopefully nothing will have changed.
As far as the Courtney intercooler is concerned, you get what you pay for,the TX autosport one did the job and the guy who put the package together did an OK job with the stuff he had,the Courtney one is actually made for the MK5 so your not having to shove pipe work through tight gaps,everything just bolts straight in place.
Like i said in my previous post i'm well chuffed and glad i spent the extra money.

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
Ok - I've not tried to load it, as I don't have the uprated intercooler.
Doubt you'll be able to pick it then Mike.

I did have access to the stage 2 maps from my last van so hopefully nothing will have changed.
As far as the Courtney intercooler is concerned, you get what you pay for,the TX autosport one did the job and the guy who put the package together did an OK job with the stuff he had,the Courtney one is actually made for the MK5 so your not having to shove pipe work through tight gaps,everything just bolts straight in place.
Like i said in my previous post i'm well chuffed and glad i spent the extra money.
They did the upgrade a few months back and everyone's account got downgraded to level 1, so chances are you'll have to get them to up it again.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Strange - from previous posts, people have stated that they can't see Phase 2 at all and need to get it activated on thier account. Which suggests, if you can't see it, you can use it. I used my IPF about 2 weeks ago, and they were visible (although unsure if they were selectable).

I want the Courtenay Intercooler - I have a TXA one sat in my garage which I've not fitted and owned for 1.5 years. It should do the job fine, but I want something a bit more elegant for my car. Although, for the price of the TXA one, you can't really go wrong.

·
Registered
40,498 Posts
It depends on your cars ecu code as to what maps are available.

I can see hybrid maps (phase 3) but can't select them.

Used to be able to view all phase maps and pick what ever I wanted, but they obviously sorted this so that Joe Public didn't run their car on a higher map than their car can take.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Cooler air = more power. Although a remap help to take advantage of that. The range from about £280 to £1000. They all work, but some are better build quality, easier to fit and perform better. Cheap ones can be great value though.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Strange - from previous posts, people have stated that they can't see Phase 2 at all and need to get it activated on thier account. Which suggests, if you can't see it, you can use it. I used my IPF about 2 weeks ago, and they were visible (although unsure if they were selectable).

I want the Courtenay Intercooler - I have a TXA one sat in my garage which I've not fitted and owned for 1.5 years. It should do the job fine, but I want something a bit more elegant for my car. Although, for the price of the TXA one, you can't really go wrong.
Best thing you could do is sell the txa and put money too buy a courtaney sport or build your own like me , all the txs will do is bog down your car and not flow enough.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts