Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen these on the courtenay site for £17.50 for a pair. They claim once in place they force air around the brake discs making them cooler than without.

Does anyone have these? They seem quite a small piece of plastic, do you think I will see a difference with these on when I go around the ring? Im getting the car perfect for taking it around. Saw these and thought id ask opinions on them first!

http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=166

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
hi chap,
i have got these, i personally think they are good. you can also get them from VX.
I have found that they do work. (im sure some people will say they dont)

they bolt straight onto a hole that is already there.

hope that helps
kev

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok mate, thanks!

Dont suppose you have a pic to show where they go? I cant visualise myself where they are supposed to go to get the air forced towards the brakes :/

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
they clip/bolt into the holes on the bottom wish bones. (holes already there)
i will just pop outside and grab a piccy for you

(Y)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah yeah that makes perfect sense now!

I would like more feedback, so if anyone has these too and has a comment to make on them id really appreciate it!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mate, I have done!

I think in all honesty I could make something to do a similar job myself!

Can you explain what difference you saw with these? ie, what you were expereiencing before and after they were fit!?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I suppose they will work to a certain degree.

Hell why not! I wonder if i do a lap of the ring first, then put them on and see what difference they make!

I will report back in a few days with my findings!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They have arrived this morning!

Damn quick service from courtenay!

I will report on findings soon!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not really given it the beans like I will be on the track.

I will say they may not make a noticeable difference on the braking for normal road use, but eve if they get the brakes cooler by only 10% more than if they werent there, thats enough for me! Just want to avoid major brake fade.

Worth the money, probably not for normal use.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I have these brake cooling ducts fitted to my motor, fitted them at the same time as a set or EBC turbo grooved discs and green stuff pads and now no matter how hard I try I can't fade my brakes although this is probably a combination of the uprated discs, pads and ducts all working together.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah id say so in your case mate, might help having the ducts pushing air towards the discs and sending air through the holes.

Well, nurburgring was a success, i survived to tell the tale :)

The only braking issue I had was with the rears, getting hot and expanding, then squeaking like hell unless I was on the brakes. The fronts I cant fault at all :)

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well if you have a spare £20 going and wish to try and aid your standard brakes a little then yes. If you want to notice an increase, dont get these and put the £20 towards better brakes, or pads.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts