Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
nice looking car , how come this 1.7 is 125 bhp but the astra 1,7 is only 100? does this mean the corsa 1.7 is tuneable to a higher bhp than the astra or can this only still be upped to just below 140bhp? even so its a smaller lighter car so will be quicker , half leather too and 5 stud hubs so can upgrade to the vxr 19" ;)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Very nice lots of potential!!! I had my dads corsa out today 3dr ecoflex, four adults in it comfortably too so not that small. :thumbs:

·
Registered
426 Posts
I think its Very nice.. I think the 1.7 in the Astras are the Isuzu lump?
not sure , didnt know there were a few differant 1.7 engines thought they were all the same , anyway it looks nice especially its black like my car that im waiting on haha :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,169 Posts
nice looking car , how come this 1.7 is 125 bhp but the astra 1,7 is only 100? does this mean the corsa 1.7 is tuneable to a higher bhp than the astra or can this only still be upped to just below 140bhp? even so its a smaller lighter car so will be quicker , half leather too and 5 stud hubs so can upgrade to the vxr 19" ;)

1.7cdti in the corsa is 125bhp as its a lighter car :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
1.7 in the corsa is *****. I had 2 and there was no end of problems.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
What sort of problems mate? It could be funked that is why its so cheap?
All sorts of problems, ECUs replaced, turbos replaced, broken intercooler pipes, fuel rails goosed, a random problem that made it rev to 2K and hold it there when it was cold. Then the SRi had ECUs a turbo, wheel bearings, rear breaks finally a TC/ESP fault that was the end of it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts