Astra Owners Network banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Also comes on if you have your Air-Conditioning turned on.
What if you turn the Air-con off ?. Press the large button on the heater panel, and just de-select Air-con on the LCD screen.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Redman, are you saying there is another version of that sensor that might be the one I need?

The weather has gotten colder now, soI can't reproduce the issue these days. I'll post a picture as soon as it happens again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Also comes on if you have your Air-Conditioning turned on.
What if you turn the Air-con off ?. Press the large button on the heater panel, and just de-select Air-con on the LCD screen.
It happens with the air-con off, I haven't had it on at the same time.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Redman, are you saying there is another version of that sensor that might be the one I need?

The weather has gotten colder now, soI can't reproduce the issue these days. I'll post a picture as soon as it happens again.
I am referring to the engine temperature sensor value displayed on the hidden menu (I assumed that is where you have viewed it ). If the temp sensor is faulty it will display incorrectly on it what ever the outside temp
The temp sensor you need is for the xer engine. I was referring to you having ordered the thermostat aswell as an incorrect temp sensor.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Oh, no I didn't order the thermostat - I cancelled that one when it started to look like the wrong way to go.

I'll check the outside temp and post back!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I am not referring to the outside temp but referring to the engine temp on the hidden menu

See here

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It's measuring both the air and the water temperature correctly right now, as the weather is cooler than it was the symptom appeared the other day (and most days last summer). The water temperature is actually rising slowly, so everything looks well right now.

But when it starts getting hotter again, the water temp will be stuck at around 70c and just stay there, with the fan on. I'll make sure to make a video as soon as it happens 👍🏻

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
I finally got the part today, so getting ready to change it. The problem hasn't occurred since last time I wrote, as weather hasn't been that hot here.

Giving it a go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Stroke of luck - the problem occurred just now, and I changed the part and reset the error codes. Turned on the engine, and the problem was still there - same error code too. So I'm guessing it's not that sensor 😏

This is the temperature from the BC - always 73:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I noticed that when the ignition is off, it says T:73. When I switch the ignition on, it briefly says T:22 (which seems about right), then 2 seconds after, it goes back to T:73.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
...and now, a minute after, it shows T:33 and climbs slowly. I'll drive around a bit and see what happens during the day tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Strange fault that one, hopefully the car just took a bit longer than you thought to reset the fault.
Don't forget to keep a check on your coolant level for a few days. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Thanks Redman. Yes, or maybe there was an air trap somewhere and now the coolant actually reaches the sensor. Let's see 🙂

Thanks for all the help so far. Very pleasant company too.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts