Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Hoping someone can help me. I've got the coolant light up on Dash in recent months. It's permanently on but generally hasn't affected me driving it as I do very little and it's only a problem if I get caught in traffic, where I have to turn the engine off whilst waiting to stop it over heating.

I'm struggling to find the cause though and need some help. I was fiddling this week with the temperature sensor, and tried running the engine with it disconnected as assumed if it was a sensor issue then this would cause the fan to run constantly. It did not. I think it could be a dodgy earthing issue or something, as I was following the wiring back into some casing, and the only other thing that came out of there was the boost sensor and I removed and replaced that and suddenly everything kicked back into life, but it was short lived and no idea if the dash light went off as I was in front of the car.

Weirdly, it seems that the Aircon fan is also not coming on properly, but maybe that's coincidence and it needs to be re-gassed or whatever as it's been on a lot recently with the weather.

Anyone any ideas what I can check or best way to follow the problem through? As it all kicked into life for a short while then I'm fairly sure the fans work ok etc. I also have another temp sensor so I tried just connecting that to see if it would take the dash light out even if it wasn't in the engine, as assume as long as it's reading something back the light would go off? Light still stayed in though.

Any ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Your problem may be with the engine cooling module.

https://workshop-manuals.com/vauxha...ing_parts_engine_cooling_module_control_unit/

When in traffic you can cool your engine via the internal heater being set to max speed and max heat. You'll need to have the windows open and direct the heat away from you. Purely a temporary solution.
Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing, brutal in this heat though. Lol.

I had considered this module but seems one of the more expensive fixes so trying to work through the cheaper options before spending, unless one pops up at local scrappy but not so common these days.

Is the module the same on z20leh as Z20let? If so may be easier to find one of them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Having the same issue, any sorted fixes? been turning my fans full blast since the beginning of summer now to cool off the engine when stuck in traffic

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi anybody help I have a 2002 1.8 asra bertone and coolant fan doesn't come on so overheats in idle been told its the module. Anybody know if there is a parts number for this module

1 - 6 of 6 Posts