Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting a coolant level warning come up, which would appear to be the tank sensor playing up rather than an actual low level in expansion tank.

However, whenever I do try and remove the yellow cap, it pulls off the yellow top part, leaving the black pressure relief bit still in tank. I can pull it out eventually with pliers etc, but is doing my **** in. Even replaced the cap with a new non-branded one off eBay, and it does the same.

Anyone else had this issue? I suspect someone will say replace the tank, but don't really want to tackle something like this just yet.

Cheers.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I did. You need to get an Vauxhall cap from the dealer which is properly rated for your car. This is NOT a part you want to fail so stay away from eBay, Amazon and other third-tier vendors. The US Astra runs at different pressure so has a different cap; I don't know if the pressure varies by engine type or year but your dealer will. This is not likely the tank.

Likely unrelated, the coolant level sensor is a popular failure. There are plenty of posts here. Popular solutions include cleaning or replacing the tank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts