Astra Owners Network banner
161 - 180 of 181 Posts
Right...tried the meter across the terminals of the battery and it doesn't register more than 12.2V regardless of revs. I take it this should be upto 13.5V ish as other cars ?? So it's looking like an alternator issue any help would be much appreciated as there is one on ebay at a sensible price.
hi mate if you stick up a thread in the correct area then im sure some one will reply

My Astra has an X18E1 engine. I have had the car since new, it has done 310,000 kilometres. I have replaced the ECM, fuel pump and replaced the cam belt (and idler) at regular intervals. I have maintained the coolant regularly and have never had to change the water pump. I have serviced the engine at about 7,500 kilometre intervals with a good quality mineral oil and the engine is still as good as the day I bought the car except for leaking cam cover and oil filter housing gaskets (now replaced - no more oil leaks). My only issue is a clunk in the front suspension that I can't find.

g model hatch 74000km 2.0dti
issues so far
1 blocked dpf ( aftermarket fitment to get green sticker in germany ) => unblocked by dpf cleaner and a hard drive
2 engine light on at 2000rpm => maf faled =replaced
3 engine running too cold0 deg max 7 => replaced thermostat
4 difficult starting => air in return pipes = replaced all 4
5 various rattles from plastic trim
6 car stays humid inside ( need still to replace the pollen filter think its blocked)
7 light rust on fuel and brake pipes => wire brushed off and covered in waxoyl
8 rusty discs as parked up for 2 yrs before bought => seveal miles of hard braking cleaned them off
9 too much gunk in the inlet manifold => need to clean it out and block egr
all in all a decent car

HI,i need advice with my 1.6sxi 02 plate the air con blew the other day not really bothered but the yellow car with spanner through it pops up,i've done the pedal fault code and it is refrigeration pressure sensor open circuit or pressure sensor high input.Basically i want to electrically isolate the system,do i just pull the no2 (30a) fuse ???

161 - 180 of 181 Posts