Astra Owners Network banner

Colour coding

448 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Matty John 
#1 ·
My car is the black with the sparkly bits, think its saphire black. I tried colour coding with halfords paint but it has no depth at all. Applied one layer of laqure and still crap. What paints a good match? Also sand back a wee buit between coas or what?

Give me a technique peeps

Matty

#2 ·
well going by the info given to me in my engine cover thread it goes somthing like this:-

1. Clean surface
2. Primer surface
3. apply 1st colour coat
4. using 1200-2000 grit wet and dry rub down to smooth the paint, clean surface to get rid of left over dust.
5. apply another coat
6. when touch dry apply lacquer to bring a shine to the paint.

#10 ·
Vauxhallsupermarket is where I get mine. It's a good match as its the correct paint. But like its been said its more expensive. For £12 I get paint and lacquer.

#11 ·
Hey man, what's the issue your having here, is it not glossy enough? Is the colour not a match? I cc'd my boot strip and v grill with halfords paint an laquer and you can't tell the difference.....if you could get a picture of the bits with a reflection then I can proli tell you what you need to do to improve them :) hope this helps mate :)

#13 ·
I've done my interior and V with the halfords Sapphire Black rattle can!
2 coats of grey primer and 4 coats of SB with 1200 sanding between each coat, finished with 2 coats of lacquer!
No prob;ems with the finish at all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.