Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a clicking noise when driving it seems to be cominig from the front of the car and only happens 20 mtrs after I first pull away after starting the car . not knowing much about cars, I didnt want to go back to the dealers and find that this type of engine does this, then I would look a bit daft the engine is a 1.8 140 bhp and its a facelift astra
has anyone else had this problem any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
598 Posts
its the ABS Setting up.

Nothing to worry about.

Neil

·
A.O.N - Club Member (Dean)
2,923 Posts
Yep as above only the ABS, they all do it. I think everyone thought there car was broken when we first heard it :lol:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
If your foot is against the brake pedal, you'll feel the pedal vibrating a bit as well. :)

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
I heard this today and I hate hearing noises cos I have to turn my music down and wait for it to repeat which it didn't since it was the ABS...!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have noticed a clicking noise when driving it seems to be cominig from the front of the car and only happens 20 mtrs after I first pull away after starting the car . not knowing much about cars, I didnt want to go back to the dealers and find that this type of engine does this, then I would look a bit daft the engine is a 1.8 140 bhp and its a facelift astra

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine seems to be getting worse like tappets I just a clutch actuator installed my Mecanic said it could be a valve pulley
I won’t know untill he checks it, no power loss or engine problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts