Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's one of my bug bears the inside, is there any specific way of cleaning the glass or good products to use

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I'm the same. If you can, take off the rear view mirror, usually just slides in to place. If you've got auto lights, don't bother. Just gives you a little bit more access.
I personally use Koch Chemie glass cleaner, but any glass cleaner will do the trick. Auto Glym Fast Glass is good stuff and readily available.
Then use a clean glass specific microfibre cloth, if you've not got one a short pile microfibre will do the trick. Give it a good buff all over, then finish in straight lines. Once you've done this and removed any smudges / dirt, I use another clean cloth, or a lint free paper towel to buff off.
That should do the trick ;)

·
Premium Member
59,287 Posts
As above, any decent exterior glass cleaner will be fine. Clean, dry cloths at every turn and most importantly whenever possible leave the doors open for a short while so that any alcohol residue can evaporate. Make sure you do it after cleaning the dash and carpets as disturbing dust and fibres will only dirty the glass again

·
Registered
79 Posts
Probably going to get shot down but

Used normal window cleaner and karcher window vac last time I did inside of a window lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
A good tip is to wipe the outside horizontally & the inside vertically (or Vics versa). That way if you have any smears you'll know which side it's on.

I use Adams glass cleaner & quality glass cloths from Paragon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My pet hate, Without a doubt my least favourite part of my usual schedule, unfortunately there's not a lot to make it easier, but you could use a glass sealant to help with future cleaning.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The worst I have ever had my windscreen was when I used Rain X glass cleaner and repellent - awful, chucked it away.

Alan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts