Astra Owners Network banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a new CIM fitted, and I didn't know of this recall but the dealers must have known rotten bar*s it made a £334.80 hole in my pocket, it was fitted on 02/04/2016 and has been a bag of ** ever since, it still keeps buggering about with the lights and horn plus the bad not start and being disabled I can't walk for help if it knackers up again and won't start, so I am thinking of ringing Vaux customer care and see what they have to say about getting a new one fitted free of charge.
Where did you have the New Cim fitted? I am having the same problems now. Horn is intermittent and the car starting intermittently (most times it doesn't even crank)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where did you have the New Cim fitted? I am having the same problems now. Horn is intermittent and the car starting intermittently (most times it doesn't even crank)
Just to add, the problems with the lights etc messing about. I had last year and was the crank shaft sensor. It caused allsorts of electrical faults inc the turbo not working car cranking but not starting etc etc. It cost me a new Battery and a new alternator fitted by the garage before we even found the problem.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Justphil,
I had this CIM fitted by Wilson&Co Vauxhall dealers at Scunthorpe, plus they left a dent in my bonnet where the bonnet stay fits in the lid, not caused by my bonnet stay but looks like they had a steel rod for holding the lid up instead.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think I will fit a new crank sensor I got last year ( genuine ) but forgot to fit it last oil change, had to take Wife to the doctors this morning but put keys in and the bloody battery was as flat as a fart, more bloody taxi fares, I did an eighty mile run yesterday so that should have charged it up, bloody thing is only just two years old and cost £80 odd quid going to have it checked and if possible get it changed or money back, I think it is time she was gone, buggers only got 32000 genuine ml on the clock, I would like something diesel/petrol-electric self-charging but would have to rob a bank to afford one.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Can anybody tell me what has happened to the EDIT button in the comments as I can't find it anywhere:confused:.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The edit button can now be found where the 3 vertical dots are, to the right of the time/date stamp marker. It can also be used to report a post.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The edit button can now be found where the 3 vertical dots are, to the right of the time/date stamp marker. It can also be used to report a post.
Hi, Big Dave found it now, clicked on these dots yesterday and all it came up with was - report - that's what threw me.
Thanks,
Rick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I will fit a new crank sensor I got last year ( genuine ) but forgot to fit it last oil change, had to take Wife to the doctors this morning but put keys in and the bloody battery was as flat as a fart, more bloody taxi fares, I did an eighty mile run yesterday so that should have charged it up, bloody thing is only just two years old and cost £80 odd quid going to have it checked and if possible get it changed or money back, I think it is time she was gone, buggers only got 32000 genuine ml on the clock, I would like something diesel/petrol-electric self-charging but would have to rob a bank to afford one.

The good thing is astras have a built in battery monitor, so you can see how its performing,
just search hidden menu astra in youtube it shows you how to bring it up.

im not sure what is wrong with mine,....(2004 1.7 CDTI 80hp).....the garage said ECU without looking at it, and just to buy a new car. Well thats easier said then done haha.

when i turn the key to the final position nothing happens. (no flashing immobiliser light it just stays on) after about 10 or more tries it jumps to life. But sometimes takes much longer. There is no fault codes when doing the pedal trick. But the problem seems to be getting worse. If i turn the engine off it will start immediately but. If the key is out longer then 10 seconds the same problem starts again.

im hoping somebody is going to say starter motor. I hope its the starter motor. I cant afford to replce the ECU or have the steering wheel removed because it will cost more then the cars worth. I guess im going to have to go to another garage for an opinion. The problem is Mechanics charge more then a surgeon just to look at them these days.

·
Registered
231 Posts
My CIM started off with the car taking a few times cranking over before starting, it got worse till in the end, it would not do anything, no dash lights nothing on the key, dealer fitted a new CIM so they said but it's never been right since now I have a new battery only two yr old just after Christmas and keeps going flat over a week, battery seller has checked it out with his posh tester and comes up perfect, I wonder if I have something draining the battery whilst it is parked up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My CIM started off with the car taking a few times cranking over before starting, it got worse till in the end, it would not do anything, no dash lights nothing on the key, dealer fitted a new CIM so they said but it's never been right since now I have a new battery only two yr old just after Christmas and keeps going flat over a week, battery seller has checked it out with his posh tester and comes up perfect, I wonder if I have something draining the battery whilst it is parked up.
i found on mine the stereo was coming on whilst i wasn't in the car. A common problem with astra’s Fixed this by changing a setting on the radio to ignition logic off. Maybe this may help?

·
Registered
231 Posts
i found on mine the stereo was coming on whilst i wasn't in the car. A common problem with astra’s Fixed this by changing a setting on the radio to ignition logic off. Maybe this may help?
Hi Justphil,
Sorry but my car is a Zafira and does not have these hidden settings on it, I wonder if this setting shows up on Op-Com?, It's had eight hours charging today and have not driven it so will check what the battery say's tomorrow using digital multimeter.
Rick.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the glovebox light draining battery on a zafira, something to do with the switch. I just removed the bulb, I checked by shutting my phone on video recording in the glovebox

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Chady999,
Yes I had already removed the bulb a while back, it's just not the weather for working outside, is it, but thanks for your input.
Rick.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread..... but mines been buggered for 30 weeks..
I took it to the garage they told me the cim was faulty.... told me that it needed re programming , weeks of putting the security details in with tech 2. It keeps saying its wrong and increases the wait time..

Any idea on what to do next

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
976 Posts
If they're trying the code from the car pass, did they check if the sec code is accepted by all the other modules ?
it's possible the car may have had a full module change in the past.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If they're trying the code from the car pass, did they check if the sec code is accepted by all the other modules ?
it's possible the car may have had a full module change in the past.
Yesssss it worked on the other modules...
Think im gonna try the vauxhaull dealer amd see wa they say

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
976 Posts
Good luck with that,they'll sell you a diagnostic session followed by a recommendation for them to fit and program in a new CIM :rolleyes:

21 - 40 of 46 Posts