Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy was just wondering what the symptoms are of a cim failure?
My car is getting the regular key ignition fault where wont start 3 times in a row! Its had a new key from the dealer and worked fine for 3 months and same fault has come up within 2 weeks
My car alarm keeps going off with now hazard lights flashing and the cd player skips back a song when i try to go forward!
Car is doing my head in now lol

Cheers for any info guys

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
CIM problems are
horn inop
steering wheel scroll wheels inop
fail to start- No engine cranking
horn inop with lights on

The alarm might be the ultra sonic module or a problem with one of the BCM's
The radio might also be at fault

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CIM problems are
horn inop
steering wheel scroll wheels inop
fail to start- No engine cranking
horn inop with lights on

The alarm might be the ultra sonic module or a problem with one of the BCM's
The radio might also be at fault
so the key fault?? if i have had new key done and gone faulty again is that transponder/immobiliser issue?

·
Registered
929 Posts
snap!

iv got the horn and steering wheel problem.

and got my mot in a month, how do you fix these, as i need the horn to work for mot

·
Registered
121 Posts
Cim

My Fiance's sporthatch had the none cranking (Engine not Starting) problem, she did not have any other problems like steering wheel controls etc. We initially thought it would be a new CIM but my friend has a freind who works @ vauxhall.

All he did was update the cars software as she was rolling around with pre 2005 software.

Maybe get someone with Tech2 to update the software for you first. This was the first and the cheapest choice which worked for us.

Give it a try, if not then you will need the CIM - - - Sorry - - - :sus:

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Fiance's sporthatch had the none cranking (Engine not Starting) problem, she did not have any other problems like steering wheel controls etc. We initially thought it would be a new CIM but my friend has a freind who works @ vauxhall.

All he did was update the cars software as she was rolling around with pre 2005 software.

Maybe get someone with Tech2 to update the software for you first. This was the first and the cheapest choice which worked for us.

Give it a try, if not then you will need the CIM - - - Sorry - - - :sus:
My car is a 55 plate so what software will that have?
Lucky for me my car is covered by network q for another couple of months!

·
Registered
121 Posts
My car is a 55 plate so what software will that have?
Lucky for me my car is covered by network q for another couple of months!
My Fiance's is a 56 plate so i presume that it is probably the same software that your is. I would ask network Q to update the software for you as the update was brought out for this problem or that is what i was told by the guy that did hers.

If they wont then ask the question on here for the Tech2 machine im sure that someone will be able to help :thumbs:

·
Registered
929 Posts
hld on,

how do you fix these then ?

no horn and some times works when i dim the lights

mot due in 3 weeks,

how hard are they to fix ??

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
hld on,

how do you fix these then ?

no horn and some times works when i dim the lights

mot due in 3 weeks,

how hard are they to fix ??
needs to be done by a dealer,not a diy job unless you can get your car towed to a dealer for programming

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
My grandad is on his 3rd CIM and it's still not 100% right... Now it's out of warrenty he doesn't really mind :lol:, as the only fault is that it doesn't start first time once in a blue moon...

Touch wood, I've had no issues...

Ian

·
Registered
105 Posts
I had all the symptoms of a failing CIM.I checked the connections behind the steering wheel(there is a plug under the cowling)this plug was loose i made sure that this was in and held it in place with a small zip tie.You could check this,you have nothing to loose.I hope that this is of use to you.:thumbs:

·
Registered
56 Posts
snap!

iv got the horn and steering wheel problem.

and got my mot in a month, how do you fix these, as i need the horn to work for mot
Search there forum there are a few threads on it...

Cant remember exactly but wasnt it something like turn on lights, adjust interior dimmer down/up while pressing the horn until it works.

Try it and report back! :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well update on this! i got a phone call yesterday saying they cant find out whats wrong with it, they said something about faulty immobiliser they kept the car last night and rang me this morning saying that it needs a new cim module

·
Registered
227 Posts
they are not that expensive for a 2004 astra,without the invoice i think mine was £107 plus vat,a lot cheaper than the vectra cim unit
I had a new CIM fitted, and I didn't know of this recall but the dealers must have known rotten bar****s it made a £334.80 hole in my pocket, it was fitted on 02/04/2016 and has been a bag of ***** ever since, it still keeps buggering about with the lights and horn plus the bad not start and being disabled I can't walk for help if it knackers up again and won't start, so I am thinking of ringing Vaux customer care and see what they have to say about getting a new one fitted free of charge.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts