Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I recently installed a new 2DIN radio in my astra and it worked for a while but now it doesn't. The power source is that extra empty plug with CIG lighter. At first I thought it was a fuse but no, fuses are all good. Then I thought well maybe the plug itself is broken or the cable must be somehow loose, and again I was wrong. Now I noticed that my radio turns on for some seconds after I unlock the car. That means the power gets to it but for some reason not when the car gets turned on. The only thing I did was change the cars battery and it did something to this plug. Does anyone have any idea what I could do?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
I used the 12v for the aerial to the hazard switch, can’t remember which wire tho, usually it’s either the power to the aerial that stops it working or the yellow and red need reversed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used the 12v for the aerial to the hazard switch, can’t remember which wire tho, usually it’s either the power to the aerial that stops it working or the yellow and red need reversed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i could change the power source if I knew where to get it from. I honestly have no clue what 'aerial to hazard switch' is, at least not in English. I really hope that there is some after effect from removing the battery and it is easy solvable. Also the cig lighter works all the time as intended. Just that extra plug turns on for few seconds when car is unlocked, not working when engine on. :(

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
i could change the power source if I knew where to get it from. I honestly have no clue what 'aerial to hazard switch' is, at least not in English. I really hope that there is some after effect from removing the battery and it is easy solvable. Also the cig lighter works all the time as intended. Just that extra plug turns on for few seconds when car is unlocked, not working when engine on. :(
You can get an ignition live from the thick red wire on the heater controls, still in the same area so shouldn't't be too difficult to do.

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.