Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys/gals, thought I'd start thread for my Astra.

Its a 2013 red GTC J 2.0 diesel 165 SRi, its got 42,000 miles on the clock, 1 owner (ex-mobility) and full history.
I have plenty of ideas of things I'd like to do to it but I'll have to wait until the initial purchase has worn off before I do anything big. One thing I have done already is replace the daytime bulbs with white ones which I feel makes a big difference.

Any ways here are a few pictures:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Decided to have a go at wrapping the front grill today. Bought some carbon wrap from amazon and did it at work.
Never done it before so its not perfect, but with a bit of neatening up it I think it should be fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update

Cheers for the comments guys!

Done a couple things to the car this month so here's a lil update:

I noticed my inner rear sidelights weren't working so I went about the totally simple and minimal effort task of replacing them :|

I replaced the boring old door pins with some nice aluminium ones

Got some dust caps as all mine were missing

Some smoked side repeaters

And some Hekos

And finally just an up to date pic (needs a good wash!)

That's all for the moment, future things I'd like to do are,

MINOR STUFF:
LED interior lights
Bigger alloys in Dark Grey/Black with red or silver details
Stage 1 Remap (Probably within the next month or two)
Rear Spoiler
Induction Kit
Carbon Wrap on roof (possible wing mirrors too)

MORE INVOLVED STUFF:
Full colour coded rear bumper with diffuser with twin exits for exhaust
Full Exhaust system
Built in Nav with Bluetooth

Cheers for reading guys and any feedback is much appreciated!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, its been a rough couple months and lets just say I'm glad to be done with 2016, roll on 2017!

Not much has changed car wise, I got some mats and a parcel shelf as they were missing when I bought the car, I gave it a last good wash before winter and I've just sent off the paperwork to apply a private reg (hopefully should be sorted within next couple weeks)

That's all for now, hope you all have a cracking New Year!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A small update...

I acquired a cheap cone filter off of a friend, that lasted a day as I hated the sound! I have replaced it with a K&N panel filter instead.
My reg has been changed and I've fitted pressed plates with holders (reg was kindly gifted to me by my father).
I hit 50,000 miles too!

That's all for the moment, thanks for looking!

·
888 Posts
You've made good progress, some subtle, but effective changes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was in the process of setting aside cash for some alloys, however fate has decided that it should be instead used for a new clutch in my Pug! Hooray!

·
Premium Member
1,490 Posts
Oh shame... I have a set of standard 18s going if you want a cheap set of alloys as something different.

As seen here:

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh shame... I have a set of standard 18s going if you want a cheap set of alloys as something different.

No thanks bud, I'll just probably end up buying some anyway using alternative income (foods overrated anyway!) think I want a set of 20" limited editions.
Appreciate the offer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A little update...

I replaced my wipers
Changed my number plate and interior lamps to LED

And the bigger thing I've done is fit a spoiler!
It looks better then I had hoped and the guy who spayed it used a light metallic black instead of gloss like I had asked (we are friends and hes good at making those choices)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts