Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously the clocks have gone forward an hour & there's no adjustment buttons like on the Astra G (my wife has the larger display).

I'm guessing if you have the original head unit in place then it adjusts automatically but we have an aftermarket head unit installed.

So how do you change the time on these because it's an hour behind now?

·
Registered
285 Posts
U need to use the steering wheel controls!! On the left hand side press down and hold the bottom button until the display changes! Then on the right hand side use the up and down arrows to scroll through to what u need to change. Then press the same button on the left to finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I did that & when i press the bottom button on the left it says "System" at the base of the display but then nothing at all happens. I've pressed the up & down arrows on the right (which do work for other controls so i know that the buttons physically do work) and they do nothing. I tried the scrolly wheels and also nothing.
I've long pressed the bottom button on the left and nothing. All it says is "System" and then this goes off.

If it helps any then i have op-com although no access to actual Tech2.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When i saw the link i wondered if it'd be that video. :lol: I had a YouTube search after i posted my last post you see & that's one i saw but it didn't work. Was no different.

We've retained steering wheel controls for the radio if that matters although i don't know what adapter was used as i sent it in to a car audio place to get fitted.

Whether it makes a difference or not ... head unit is an Alpine CDE178BT.

I saw this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shKqgCxnolw just now. Ok it's for a Zafira B but would you expect that to work on the Astra H?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Being Alpine makes no difference. Having steering wheel controls fitted also makes no difference. If you can access the system screen it should work.
I didn't think it would do, i was just throwing it out there to give a full picture just in case.

Looks like i'll not be able to do it via the steering wheel controls. Will have to take a look at opcom when i've got some time. Probably next Friday.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've got Sony head unit install with control adapter, for mine it's hold the bottom left button til "system" displays then it's hold the right wheel in & push upwards until it scrolls thru menu. Right side up/down keys alter settings & left button quits it.

(Sometimes mine can be reet pain in a.. it refuses to accept right side control but in dat case its just a repeat til it works)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've got Sony head unit install with control adapter, for mine it's hold the bottom left button til "system" displays then it's hold the right wheel in & push upwards until it scrolls thru menu. Right side up/down keys alter settings & left button quits it.

(Sometimes mine can be reet pain in a.. it refuses to accept right side control but in dat case its just a repeat til it works)
I'll give this a bash tomorrow.

Popping the front off didn't work btw.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I’ve just rechecked mine and it works as follows. I have an aftermarket JVC stereo which I connected to the steering wheel controls.

Hold down the button on the left (the bar with the 2 dots under) until the display says system. Then use the volume control in the right to scroll through the menu, using the 2 arrows to make changes to the clock. Simples!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’ve just rechecked mine and it works as follows. I have an aftermarket JVC stereo which I connected to the steering wheel controls.

Hold down the button on the left (the bar with the 2 dots under) until the display says system. Then use the volume control in the right to scroll through the menu, using the 2 arrows to make changes to the clock. Simples!

I'll video myself doing it because it's not working that way so maybe you can see if i'm doing something wrong.

Tried the op-com route. Couldn't find a YouTube video on how to do it for the Astra H but did find one that shows how to do it for the Zafira B - so i went through that menu order and guess what ...... didn't work. Problem with this was that unlike in the YT video for the Zafira, programming wasn't a clickable option in mine.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Don’t press the volume button in, push it up as though you’re trying to turn the volume up and it should move to the clock or ign logic? They scroll through and use the arrows to adjust the time?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Don’t press the volume button in, push it up as though
The 'press in' comes at 36 seconds.
However the 'push up' comes in at only 12 seconds ;)

And no the engine is off. I don't need the engine on in my Astra G to change the clock, I figured it'd be the same in the H so long as the ignition is on?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts