Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. on the H, not really keen on removing the front bumper to get in, so is getting in via the wheel arch liners the only other option to be able to change the bulbs over?

'Any help will as always, be appreciated :)

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
The Drivers side one can be done from under the bonnet if you remove the airvox, but its still a little fiddly

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
The passenger one is the worst I did manage to do it though by removing the little junction connection that is clipped to the fuse box.

But under the arches is best & you dont end up with your hands looking like they've been in a bag full of fighting cats!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did mine last week, it was fairly straight forward to get to them through the wheel arch. I had great fun trying to change the sidelights though, until I found out you could just pull them out using the wired connected to the back of them.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Yes they can be done through the apertures and through the engine bay but they are a real pain if you have large hands.

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
I do mine through the wheel arch. It's a pain in the **** mind. I had a right rant about this about 18 months ago. I was actually gonna take mine to the dealer to do until he informed me it would be 55 quid labour. Seen loadsa threads on other forums about this though, it seems to be common on most modern cars. I actually gave up on my wife's c3, just couldn't do it. I buy all my bulbs from Halfords anyway, I now just get them to do it for a fiver.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for the advice lads.. gonna give it a blast via the wheel arches.. failing that it will be a half'rauds jobbie! haha

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Bite the bullet and take off the bumper... it's easy :)
someone told me once the bumper is off, it can never be exactly how it used to be, ie; lined up properly....

·
40,693 Posts
Course it can be lined up properly.

It is held in place by solid mounts and screws and can be only bolted in to one position. (Y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts