Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a search but couldn't find this so here goes:
I want to change the headunit in my Astra H from the CD30 MP3 that is currently fitted. I have seen that on the Eonon headunits you can change the time on the Astra's display. Do any other headunit's have this function as I dont want to be putting my CD30 MP3 in every 6 months just to be able to change the clock.
If I do get a Eonon unit is it just a straight swap with the CD30 MP3 or do I need some extra cables for it to work with the steering controls etc?

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
You can change the clock with the VXMMI but I would not recommend getting one of these

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,718 Posts
the only other way to do it is by using a connects2 steering wheel canbus harness with the new headunit, that allows you to access the system menu by just using the steering wheel controls.

The eonon is just a straight swap as long as you get the vx/opel OEM look like ones.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm not sure if all H's can, but certainly on mine (and others I've seen mention it on here) you can set the time/date with the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure if all H's can, but certainly on mine (and others I've seen mention it on here) you can set the time/date with the steering wheel controls.
How do you do that then? The manual only tells you how to do it through the settings button on the headunit. My H has the BID with trip computer

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tried it today and it doesn't work on my car so looks like I will need to put my CD30 in to change the time if I change the headunit.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I use to plug my cd30 back in twice a year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts