Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fellow owners,
for 3 months now i have had problems with my car, one being the roof not working and the other being a misfire around 2k and hesitant when applying throttle at this rev range also
i ignoreed the problem for about 6k miles (2 months) so really we should say ive had the problem 5 months.
however the garage couldnt find it as there were no fault codes and no pending fault codes, so pretty much called me a liar, they took it out for various road tests and found nothing yet when i picked it up the fault was aparant before i reached the end of the forecourt.
anyway after lots of taking fridays off work to let them play with it, they decided to put new software on it, which actually made it worse however they still couldnt find the problem.
after a chat with my solicitor and the finance company, along the lines of you have 7 days to sort this out or ill be looking at a new car, under the supply of good and services act, (this being the 2nd time id had to do this) they asked to have the car for a week for extensive road tests.

so i gave them a 1.9cdti and they gave me a 1.2corsa think i got screwed there, i did wack 1000 hard miles on it in a week though and made it very dirty
i get a phone call after 3 days of them road testing saying we have found the fault and are taking the head off in the morning, some of your valves are sticking..... nice i have 30 year old bikes in the garage, some still putting out 100hp and my 10month old car is turning more into a sh1tter by the day
anyway i ended up having the little rollerskate for 2 weeks and finally picked my astra back up yesterday and touch wood, she is fine, however i now have the traditional astra steering rack knock so it will be going back very soon for that i think

sorry to rabbit on guys and girls but thought i would share

Ant

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi Superdreamer

I had a similar history, see:

http://forum.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68971&highlight=EGR

Anyway, after basically handing the keys over to the dealer after a horrendous 60 mile trip to the point that on every incline on the M65 having to pull over on the hard shoulder due to lack of power and also my family become more and more scared of this car, I demanded a Hire car from Vauxhall, rather than a courtesy car and said that this was the last attempt to fix or it was to be replaced.

The Workshop Supervisor called VX Tech again who advised that the car needed new Exhaust valves as similar problems had been reported on the Saabs with the same engine, ironically mine was only 10 months old also albeit a Zafira (The problem seemed to occur before DPF Re-Gen).

The Tech was not over confidant with the advice but the part numbers were different, anyway he did 200 miles and I have done 800 miles and have no re-occurence, so hopefully it is fixed.

converted_chris

You mentioned sticking valves (Exhaust not EGR), is this becoming more common now? is there now a TSB?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Have you had any experience of this Chris?

I recall one of my first posts was regarding this. :confused:

My Eco3 is on 8 I find it more prominent on setting 9, don't know why.

·
Registered
10,190 Posts
Hi Superdreamer

I had a similar history, see:

http://forum.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68971&highlight=EGR

Anyway, after basically handing the keys over to the dealer after a horrendous 60 mile trip to the point that on every incline on the M65 having to pull over on the hard shoulder due to lack of power and also my family become more and more scared of this car, I demanded a Hire car from Vauxhall, rather than a courtesy car and said that this was the last attempt to fix or it was to be replaced.

The Workshop Supervisor called VX Tech again who advised that the car needed new Exhaust valves as similar problems had been reported on the Saabs with the same engine, ironically mine was only 10 months old also albeit a Zafira (The problem seemed to occur before DPF Re-Gen).

The Tech was not over confidant with the advice but the part numbers were different, anyway he did 200 miles and I have done 800 miles and have no re-occurence, so hopefully it is fixed.

converted_chris

You mentioned sticking valves (Exhaust not EGR), is this becoming more common now? is there now a TSB?
I've not seen a TSB but i don't mind having a look through the new ones and see what i come across (Y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts