Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, you can buy the aux plugs and leads which is advertised for the cdc40, but the cdc40 isn't compatible, as nothing happends when you press he tuner twice. No aux input.
But it's works through the DAB, but I can't find any add on's for this.

The subwoofer dosent work, need activating via tech 2, and upon searching, it doesn't sound good.

So does anything work on this headunit,?
RSA
SUB
DAB
Ph
El

·
15,078 Posts
No CDC40 had Aux as far as I know, they weren't ever fitted late enough in production, and you had to work quite hard to find one specced in the UK in any case.
DAB should work but you'll need to find a DAB module on eBay (and get it reset). It will only be DAB 1 (or whatever it's called), a standard from long ago long since superseded.
It's a kind of an aux input, but it gets turned on only when the DAB module wakes up from what I've read. Whether that can be simulated somehow I've no idea, but will definitely need some kind of added on electronics.

I looked in to doing it a while back as I got bored of only having old maps in my CD70, but gave up in the end. It was just too much of a ballache so I've decided that if I really want DAB I'll get one of those AutoDAB kits and give it a proper antenna.

·
15,078 Posts
Everything is a compromise on these unfortunately. Can't have DAB and Aux and Nav all together with OE kit, unless you go aftermarket but then you have to stare down in to the cabin to look at the nav maps, more of a heads down display. Another compromise solution, which I hate.

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
I have the autodab kit. Bloody brilliant for the money. Mines connected to an aux in cd70 so have the best of both worlds but the maps is miles out of date unfortunately. A small price to pay

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
I might be wrong here but iirc the corsa cd40 is an aux unit, would have to look into it more tho, and in sure it’s dab as well, at worst, if you find 1 that’s been divorced then swap faces over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts