Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know if you can swap radio faceplates from the astra to vectra cdc40's?

also does anyone know if all delphi grundig cdc40's have the volume problem or is it just a fault that occurs with those ones randomly.

mine has decided that it wants to turn the volume down itself for no reason whenever it wants, so i'm going to need a new one, but the one i have is piano black so i want to swap the faceplate from mine.

also what makes the grundig ones better than the blaupunkt ones and vice-versa? am i right in thinking the grundig one displays mp3cd track titles but the blaupunkt doesnt?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Not all grundig ones have an issue with volume, mine certainly didn't

Fascias can be swapped over providing the manufacturer is the same.

Guundig can have CDs full of MP3's, Blaupunkt cannot have MP3s at all

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that pecky, now thats all confirmed for me i'm going to have a go at a vectra delphi grundig cdc40 on ebay and swap the fascias over then. i might have to come to you to get it tech2'd if thats ok?

oh, do you still do the wiring for the DAB? i might buy that while im at it, i've found some of the parts cheap and just need the 3rd aerial wire and main loom, so i might get that done at the same time if possible?

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I've never actually seen a Grundig Vectra one though, Grundig came out around 2008 and the vectra was discontinued around then.

I need to test what I have, once tested I will have for sale:

• 3 * Grundig Silver astra CDC40's (MP3)
  • 1 * Blaupunkt Silver Astra CDC40 (Non MP3)
  • 1 * Black painted Blaupunkt Astra CDC40 (Non MP3)
  • 1 * Gunmetal Blaupunkt Vectra CDC40 (Non MP3)
I have some of the aerial wires and can probably knock up the main loom as It is really simple for DAB.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah, in that case i might wait a while until you've tested your grundig ones and buy one off you if thats ok. i'd rather pay you a fair price for quality than pay cheap on ebay for some potentially knackered thing. plus then i know the fascia will fit.

the ebay one is a vectra 2008 grundig model, but they don't specify if it works or is in delivery mode etc.

i'll buy those dab bits i mentioned then and bring it all up when you're ready and do it all in one go.

would you be interested in buying my knackered cdc40? :lol:

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Buy Stampedes astra one, then swap the fascia's over.

Then stick the dodgy one on ebay.

Is it just overheating? i'm sure I was told their was an overheating problem and the system limits its power output for safety.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think it is an overheating issue, but even with the radio air-con pipe installed and blowing cold on full power it still does it.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
What just the plastic outer case? What are the differences between the 2?

I had a grey one sprayed black but always thought if a genuine piano black one came along I could just swap the plastic fascia.
The metal frame that holds the faceia onto the radio is totally different and the screw holes from the plastic front are in different places on frame and the circuit board does not fit beneath.

Might look the same, but they are very different from the back. I tried everything and ended up buying new 6 disc mechanisms from China as I couldn't get the grundif fascias onto vectra Blaupunkts.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
more strange goings on today, must be a halloween thing!, i decided to listen to the radio for a change and that seemed to go pretty loud and didn't turn itself down, i don't think its as loud as the cd30mp3 went but its definitely not turning down the volume like it does on cd's. i even tried a cd when i noticed this to check if it had decided to play nice again, but as soon as i switched over it played the disk loud for about a second and then turned it down, go back to radio and its fine. :|

so is this a fault with the cd part of the unit i wonder? or maybe as its not running cd's its not getting so hot?

oh, i dont know if you got my pm pecky, but my parts have arrived so i can visit you any time you're ready to sell a cdc40 and help me fit the DAB stuff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts