Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay heres the story.

Basically Ive got an 08 sportshatch which had CD30 mp3 with aux. I decided I wanted an upgrade to a CD70 so i bought myself all the relevent parts for the retrofit. I got the actual CD70 headunit off german ebay, luckly the one that was AUX compatible. So once it got delivered and all the other parts I met up with pecky (TOP LAD):thumbs: and he fitted and tech2'd my CD70 aswell as other things. Once finished everything was working perfectly navi was spot on. So once I had left was on the M1 and tried the AUX but it wasnt working the AUX option was avaliable but wasnt working. So when I got home I contacted pecky and he advised me to look at the pin diagram theres no mention of AUX on the diagram, which ws weird as the HU was created in oct 07. So I contacted the seller and he sent me pictures saying that because I previously had a CD30(mp3) I have to change the wiring from the connector pins over because the AUX pins are located differently, on the CD70. He sent me pics explaing what he means but Im confused:confused:.

If you lot could give me a hand on trying to work out the picture it'll be much appreiated:thumbs:

http://img171.imageshack.us/g/auxincd70.jpg/

http://img502.imageshack.us/i/auxincd70schematic.jpg/

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I'll have a look at TIS/EPC, where he got the diagrams from and do a bit of digging to see if he is correct on CD70's with idents FC.

I really would have thought the pinout would have mentioned AUX if it was compatible.

EDIT: The wiring diagrams do indeed suggest that for the CD70 the pins need moving as they enter the radio in a different position. I'll keep researching, can't locate an Ident FC radio in the parts catalogue for Vauxhall or opel.

·
Registered
799 Posts
What is the AUX?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the plug that is by the handbrake in 07>> astras allows the driver to connect mp3 players to the headunit using a 3.5mm jack cable

·
Registered
642 Posts
I had to do this on mine

You will find that your current CD30 wiring setup has the aux connected to pins 31, 32 and 38

The CD70 needs them connected to 18, 25 and 24

So

CD30 - CD70
31 - 24
32 - 25
38 - 18

What I did was get some pins off a scrap connector and connected the aux up as above (so I cut the 3 wires that went to the aux socket and connected them a fresh) as this then ensures you do not affect the DAB signals (as I am considereing trying DAB in the bus).

·
Astra Owners Network - Vauxhall Tuner - (Dave)
2,485 Posts
yep i had to do it too once i changed from a cd70mp3 to a cd70 aux

just as above (Y)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reponse guy was it a hard or easy job as I have no electrical skills. I thnk im confident enough to do it myself. Do any of you have any pics or tutorials of how you did it.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I'm not sure how easy it is to remove the terminals, I have a terminal remover, I'll see if it can do these or not.

Another thought I had is because the loom for AUX isn't expensive, it may be easier just to run a new one in and leave the existing one in the console by the handbrake.

If I can find a time to come down, I'd help you out. I'm still a little nervous that the pinout doesn't mention AUX-in at all.

·
Astra Owners Network - Vauxhall Tuner - (Dave)
2,485 Posts
mine doesnt mention aux in neither it goes off model year of the cd70

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So how did u lot manage the remove the pins did u simply pull them out and put them in the correct places. Or is there another way to go about it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the tip. But im slightly confused where do i get a connect 2 lead and could I use a terminal remover or would it be risky.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Here:

http://www.connects2.com/c2search.aspx?catID=9&manID=233&modID=555

Or here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-ISO-T-Harness-Connects2-CT10VX04_W0QQitemZ280433090925QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item414b1d616d

Basically the kit will come with a male plug for going into the car harness and a female socket for going onto the back of your CD70.

The one I have given you the link to is a "T-Harness" for connecting up say a Parrot Bluetooth Kit but all you need to do is cut the wires leaving a good length on the plug and socket then rejoin in the order that you require for your AUX socket etc.

Soldering the wires and heat shrink sleeving is the best method for this, if you don't have a solder iron then crimps would be the next best thing.

Make sure the one I have posted the link for is the same as your's, i'm 99% sure it will be.

Steve

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Looked at this on a spare lead I had.

Your car loom will have the opposite female connectors, however the principals are the same, with the removal of the terminal and move it to it's new location. I dont have the female side available to photograph.

You may need one of these to release the female terminals.

I only have one wire in the white bit on mine, you will have more

There are tabs either side which let you pop the white bit out.

Once removed you can press down on the retaining tab and remove the pin.

Once the pin is removed, pop it into the new place, Make sure the retaining tab is lifted so it locks into the new location
You will have the female version.

·
Registered
568 Posts
how would i know if my standard cd70 had aux as the dealer could not get it to activate mine ,it was pre-wired and i bought the port .is it possilble the it was pre-wired for cd30 and requires the wires to be swapped my car is a 57plate sri cdti150

·
Registered
340 Posts
how would i know if my standard cd70 had aux as the dealer could not get it to activate mine ,it was pre-wired and i bought the port .is it possilble the it was pre-wired for cd30 and requires the wires to be swapped my car is a 57plate sri cdti150
You mean the car came with CD70 and you've added the lead but nothing has happened?

Could well be the pins are incorrect.

Look a few posts back someone has given where the pins should be, check that against where your's are. ;)

·
Registered
568 Posts
you mean the car came with cd70 and you've added the lead but nothing has happened?

Could well be the pins are incorrect.

Look a few posts back someone has given where the pins should be, check that against where your's are. ;)
yes thank will do

what parts are needed for this apart from the obvious cd70 and screen lol.
mines was pre-wired with cd70 so ive only bought the aux port

1 - 20 of 28 Posts