Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what settings people use to get the best "sound" ( as good as you can get at least). iv flicked through to try and figure what i think sounds good but would like to know what others settings are.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well iv found some jbl door speakers stashed in my cupboard so will prob put them in soon cuz im not happy with the standards

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ye but i mean because if u turn them up the tiniest bit too much they distort :(

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
You cannot turn a pig’s ear (the CD30) into a silk purse (anything that remotely sounds any good).

Changing the speakers will achieve nothing at all, changing the very poor excuse of a head unit (yes they really are that bad) would alleviate all your pain.

OEM standard speakers on the other hand are rather good surprisingly. Better than nearly all budget aftermarket things.

Your head unit is the let-down, trust me.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yessss but i havnt got a few hundred quid spare! so gta make do with what iv got

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Keep the fade at least two thirds to the front, treble on +1 or +2 max; Base no more than +4 IMO with the standard setup.

The speakers can take so much more than the DAC converter on the CD30 or CD30MP3 can support.

Why will it sound worse? Because lots of budget speakers are very harsh, not as rounded in sound reproduction like the OEM ones. Like I said the head unit is your only problem NOT the standard speakers.

I could fit a set of £600 CDT speakers on that head unit and it would sound no better. Put a £150 aftermarket head unit in and WOW, that CD30mp3 did sound pants all along.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
i was messing with mine today, and have the bass and treble turned up to 8 and 6 i think, anything less and it just sounds flat.

is yours the 9 button one with 7 speakers? thats what mine is anyway

·
Registered
165 Posts
Keep the fade at least two thirds to the front, treble on +1 or +2 max; Base no more than +4 IMO with the standard setup.

The speakers can take so much more than the DAC converter on the CD30 or CD30MP3 can support.

Why will it sound worse? Because lots of budget speakers are very harsh, not as rounded in sound reproduction like the OEM ones. Like I said the head unit is your only problem NOT the standard speakers.

I could fit a set of £600 CDT speakers on that head unit and it would sound no better. Put a £150 aftermarket head unit in and WOW, that CD30mp3 did sound pants all along.
Hmmm I just booked in to get my back door speakers upgraded as I felt I needed a bit more behind me, plus more base I guess without having to put a humongous sub in. Are you saying that won't help? Head unit should be the first move?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
686 Posts
i have a cid too with my cd30mp3 and cant see what the sound settings are but they are still there. i have fade and balance both on zero trebble on about 4 and bass on 8 sounds about the best to me. i had a ford focus before this car and the stereo in that was better than this but upgrading the speakers to the better quality oem ones will apparantly make a bit of a difference for the better. the 4ohm ones or whatever they are they put with the cd70 and theyre relatively innexpensive. thats my future plan is anyway.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
You need to use teck2 with an after-market head unit and CID screen. Telling the car there is no OEM head unit fitted brings up a spanner (full menu) on the CID screen.

….

First upgrade in the Astra is the head unit; even a modest £150 unit will run rings round the CD30mp3. There is no need to touch the rear speakers; the last place you want more sound coming from is behind you.
When you go to a concert, do you sit with your back to the stage? Do you sit at home and listen to the TV with your back to it? NO…. So why sit with your back to the sound in your car?????

Basic ICE… The sound stage comes from the front of the car and crosses from left to right at ear level (about were the hand brake is but at ear level). This not only gives you the best sound but pulls your attention forward (window screen) as if your dash was the stage and the road in front is the band…. Safest way I think, and by far the best sound.

I use the rear speakers for when the kids use the built in headrest DVD screens.

·
Registered
165 Posts
You need to use teck2 with an after-market head unit and CID screen. Telling the car there is no OEM head unit fitted brings up a spanner (full menu) on the CID screen.

….

First upgrade in the Astra is the head unit; even a modest £150 unit will run rings round the CD30mp3. There is no need to touch the rear speakers; the last place you want more sound coming from is behind you.
When you go to a concert, do you sit with your back to the stage? Do you sit at home and listen to the TV with your back to it? NO…. So why sit with your back to the sound in your car?????

Basic ICE… The sound stage comes from the front of the car and crosses from left to right at ear level (about were the hand brake is but at ear level). This not only gives you the best sound but pulls your attention forward (window screen) as if your dash was the stage and the road in front is the band…. Safest way I think, and by far the best sound.

I use the rear speakers for when the kids use the built in headrest DVD screens.
Thanksss I think thats exactly what I needed to hear! Looks like I'll be heading down to the shop to change my appointment tomorrow! Can get excited about getting a new head unit :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
You were bang on Planetse, the sound is so much better especially with EQ controls... I went for single din, not a fan of the 'stickyoutness' but love the unit... Also got my GID fitted at the same time ;) here's my before and after.... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349443618.904453.jpg

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Looks great :thumbs: Glad you like the unit.

Only Alpine and Nakamichi outperform Pioneer head units on sound quality.

These three units are way ahead of the rest of the field.

Sound quality top 5 brands.

1: Nakamichi (I competed with a NAKAMICHI CD-500)
2: ALPINE
3: Pioneer
4: Kenwood
5: Clarion/JVC

·
Registered
775 Posts
Looks great :thumbs: Glad you like the unit.

Only Alpine and Nakamichi outperform Pioneer head units on sound quality.

These three units are way ahead of the rest of the field.

Sound quality top 5 brands.

1: Nakamichi (I competed with a NAKAMICHI CD-500)
2: ALPINE
3: Pioneer
4: Kenwood
5: Clarion/JVC
No mention of BECKER ???

·
Registered
82 Posts
My burg came with cd30 mp3 iv just got cd70 navi and cid .
What speakers will I have ? Are there a premium speaker that I havn't heard of?

sent using tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts