Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

firstly sorry for going over ground covered by other posts but i have well and truly confused myself. i was hoping to swap my basic blaupunkt cd30 for a Delphi Grundig cd30mp3 with aux in, (S/No GM0D3081854588) that i have found through a scrap yard.

I have access to opcom and was able to divorce the CD30 but i havent got the code for the CD30MP3!! i have tried radiocodes.co.uk and they said they cannot provide a code because it is VIN coded, i tried where i got the radio from and they werent able to help?

please can someone say what my best options are? i dont mind paying to get a code or to get it decoded etc as i would end up buying a new head unit anyway!

Thanks in advance

George

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
When you say you divorced it what exactly did you do? What have you tried to do to code it to your car, pretty sure you deactivate theft protection decode it and so on. The cd player code is usually on a little key card thats in with the manuals. It may still be in the dash of the car. You may need to divorce your old cd playet 1st

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts
Yep, Pecky will be able to virginise that. Although the scrappy should know what car it came from and you could try getting the codes for that vehicle so you can reset it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replies guys! The scrappy basically didn't want to know so cant go down that route!

We deactivated the theft protection on the cd30 with my 4 digit code and removed the radio! The new radio was put in but could not activate the theft protection without entering a code!

·
Super Moderator
15,092 Posts
Did you try your code? There's just a chance it was reset before being removed from the vehicle it was in :shrug:

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
If it flashes up display safe when you put the new radio in, and then it is reset already, but so use your car code to activate.

If display safe is solid, and it needs decoding

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried my old code with the new radio and it doesn't work! Was told it was reset before it was removed but obviously it seems it wasn't! Cheers all for your help with this!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Tried my old code with the new radio and it doesn't work! Was told it was reset before it was removed but obviously it seems it wasn't! Cheers all for your help with this!
Your code wont work, the only code that will is the code thats from the vehicle the headunit is from. If its not divorced properly pecky (probably closest) can decode it for you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts