Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, first post, I have 2008 opel astra saloon, the radio display screen was lighting up only now and then, thus bring on the CD30 MP3 radio which was also connected to my mobile phone,
decided I can no longer put up with the screen issue, I went to salvage yard
to get a replacement digital screen,
turns out I had to replace radio also,
and they gave me the CD30 in return
yes it works playing radio and CD
but I can't seem to find settings to re connect my mobile, is this because the CD30 do not have this feature,
if it do, please how do i go about connecting up my android phone again,
od do I have to replace for the CD30 MP3, thanks for any help and advice

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Cd30 or mp3 never had phone connections unless it has the uhp4 phone module, in which case you’ll need the module coded to the radio and visa versa, not easy if you haven’t got the code from the replacement radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cd30 or mp3 never had phone connections unless it has the uhp4 phone module, in which case you’ll need the module coded to the radio and visa versa, not easy if you haven’t got the code from the replacement radio

Thank you Davo, its only now I see your reply, and now even more confused, so your saying the CD30 MP3 I took out of the car and got replaced with CD30 both of these players never had Bluetooth in the first place, so if I was to put back in a CD30 MP3 player I still would have no handsfree,
Prior to the change of the CD30 MP3, I was receiving calls and able to make calls using the litte scroll wheel and buttons on the steering wheel and numbers and names all showed on the display screen on the dash,
now since I put in the CD30 player
I have no mobile phone access and no idea how to go about getting connected again to the car
I actually do have the code of the player I put in, the lads at the garage said they did not need it, the player is working, which it is but again no handsfree, Im selling the car but I want to have everything working as it should before I sell on to someone, so please can you help here, and thank you for replying to my issue,

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
There must be a uhp4 module in the car, but it needs to be divorced from the old radio and paired to the new radio and display, it’s a bit of messing about but IMO, it’s worth it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There must be a uhp4 module in the car, but it needs to be divorced from the old radio and paired to the new radio and display, it’s a bit of messing about but IMO, it’s worth it

Davo thanks a million for your replying, I was in 2 minds of returning to the dismantlers and saying give me the CD30 MP3 radio in place of the one you gave me, but now I know thanks to you the handsfree is still in my Astra only to marry it to the CD30 now in the car, I was full sure I would have to replace,
and all first day because of the screen,
as I said the CD30 MP3 is perfect,
Omg Davo you have me a little bit confused with marrying and divorcing lol, my understanding now is the garage just pulled out the radio and screen, did no marrying or divorcing and just put in the CD30 and it's! screen and left me off saying the screen and radio is now working,
Is this a task I could take on myself
And where do I start and how exactly do I go about sorting this,
I don't have the code of my CD30 MP3
but I do have the code of the CD30 now in the car, thanks in advance again,

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
If you have the passcode for the replacement radio then you should be able to change it with opcom, either that or if you don’t it has to be done with tech2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts