Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a TID display, which has two buttons underneath, as far as I am aware it is capable of displaying 3 lines by tech2, no? I want to be able to display mpg etc...Also, I have a Bog standard CD30 and need a Aux for mp3 input, to my knowledge to only way is to get a fm transmitter, but in expense of poor quality audio. I might have to buy a second hand CD30 MP3 with BID, but the prices are over 60 and are quite limited. For that price I'm better of buying a aftermarket mp3 player, but don't want to spend over 50. What would my options be? Scrap? Many thanks

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,714 Posts
BID screen is what you need as a minimum for trip computer functions on the mk5, but you can pick them up for pennies even with a paired CD30 as they are in most astra's and a pretty much worthless, iirc I sold my old BID screen last year for about 20 quid, and then all you'll need is some tech2 to pair it to the car.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BID screen is what you need as a minimum for trip computer functions on the mk5, but you can pick them up for pennies even with a paired CD30 as they are in most astra's and a pretty much worthless, iirc I sold my old BID screen last year for about 20 quid, and then all you'll need is some tech2 to pair it to the car.
Do you know any place I can pick you BID for cheap? If I'm gonna replace the display. I might as well change the CD30 as I need MP3 AUX input.

·
AON - Administrator
59,287 Posts
If you want an MP3 and screen that's the price. Itll cost you more to buy a screen, get it tech 2'd and buy an aftermarket unit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts