Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite how this looks... it was infact a cat that ran out in front of me!!! Most expensive Friday morning I've had in a while this one!!!

·
A.O.N. - Platinum Member
38,432 Posts
A little T-Cut, you will be fine buddy, :D

Seriously though, I hope that's not to expensive to fix

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was in a fit of rage honestly lol

I use my car for work so can't afford to not have it on the road, I've already kinda patched it up a bit so there wasn't bits hanging off but the honeycombe bit has came off again so I've had to order a new lower lip from Vauxhall. Getting it sprayed and fitted for 80 notes off a mate.

Coulda well done without it tho!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Bummer, the pussy always makes you pay!!!! :lol::lol:
Seriously hope yu get it sorted soon :(

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it went under... rattled around a bit... came fleeing out the back and headed back where it came from... Dare say it's dead now tho :/

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL Nah I don't have any pics of the cat... Don't think it'll be chasin any more mice tho, not after hittin my car the way it did lol

·
Registered
6,112 Posts
I do hope you stopped?? Do you know who owns the cat?

A guy that used to work with us hit a cat and stopped for 2 secs then drove away, ended up someone seen it reported him and he got charged from the police and a hefty fine. Bloody right too!!!!!!

James

:)

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got no idea who owns the cat, but like I said, it hit me, went under me and shot off in to the woods... I wasn't about to spend my morning looking through the woods for a cat im afraid. If it was out cold in the middle of the road, then yeah.

·
15,092 Posts
I do hope you stopped?? Do you know who owns the cat?

A guy that used to work with us hit a cat and stopped for 2 secs then drove away, ended up someone seen it reported him and he got charged from the police and a hefty fine. Bloody right too!!!!!!

James

:)
Just out of interest what was the fine for?

Thought you were only required to stop if you hit a dog as a throw back to when they were licenced. :shrug:

Not that I condone leaving an animal in distress in the road, even a cat.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Hope you get sorted soon mate.

Cat owners need to be more accountable for their pets..just like dog owners!!

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Arghh! Don't tell me how much lol I went straight to Vaux to order a new one an hour after it happened... needed it sorted ASAP.

They've said the splitter should be in by Thurs, so I'm hoping my mate can get it sprayed and fitted for me on the Friday, but we'll see. I feel like a complete tw*t driving round with it the way it is!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hope you get sorted soon mate.

Cat owners need to be more accountable for their pets..just like dog owners!!
I do hope that was meant as a joke. End of the day it’s just a bit a plastic bust that can be repaired, inconvenience but not as distressing as the cat owner would feel if it died.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
End of the day, these things happen. It was completely unavoidable, I had 3 incidents involving animals between Thursday & Friday. Thursday a dog ran out infront of me, which I was expecting so that wife picked her dog up from infront of my car, apologised and went on her way. The first cat, unfortunately ended up going under my car, and whilst driving back from the bodyshop another cat ran out in front me further up the same road!!

The cat I hit, I never seen it out my front window, I seen it out my door window, by the time my foot reached the brake pedal it was under. Not nice, but I wasn't gonna swerve in to the nearest lamp post to avoid it. Once it came out from underneath it ran back where it came from.

My cat got hit by a car over a year ago, and she died. Wasn't nice, but at the end of the day, I'd rather she took the hit, rather than the driver swerving and hitting, for example, my little brother that might've been in the street.

**** happens tbfh.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
I do hope that was meant as a joke. End of the day it’s just a bit a plastic bust that can be repaired, inconvenience but not as distressing as the cat owner would feel if it died.
If my dog gets out and gets wacked by a car im in trouble and liable for covering repairs. Im also pretty sure if my dog continually crapped in someones flower bed i'd have the authorities at my door. Yet i have to put up with cats pissin etc in my garden, trying to get at my koi and constantly sitting on my aviary.

I appreciate people love their cats but I also love my dogs, birds and koi.

/rant

1 - 20 of 24 Posts