Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very happy have my Astra diesel back. With a new filter housing and lines. Car feels fantastic with a new fuel filter feels more responsive. :) thanks to all those who where posting ideas of how to resolve the problem. Massive thank you.

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Swirl flaps broken, needs a new inlet manifold. Smokes like an absolute b******.

Cambelt has been making some interesting clicking noises for quite a while, but garage have advised it isn't causing any problems, just to keep an eye on it.

Handbrake light beeps randomly with no pattern (see thread in H section :lol:)

Coolant level keeps dropping massively when I put my foot down but returning to max line when it goes back to idle... so I'll get random coolant level warnings on the dash.

That's just the engine/mechanical type stuff.. :lol:

Cosmetic wise, wheels need another refurb, front grille needs looking at as the paint has creased and I gave up caring for a while, rear bumper is in dire need of a respray... To name a few bits :shock:

So I gotta spend out on all that, and I've been thinking recently and I want to start looking at moving out of my parents and getting a flat somewhere... which obviously ain't gonna be cheap, especially not to start with...

All money money money :(

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same here wanna move was thinking mate selling to help with deposit fund. I managed to get all my manifold done fairly cheap vaux wanted 1k forget that. Sounds like yours have broken shut mine were open so not as bad. Hope you resolve it soon :) how's the boost situation from before

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I got car home to inspect the housing and clean off the diesel where it had leaked I found a screwdriver in near the battery could have been dangerous

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Same here wanna move was thinking mate selling to help with deposit fund. I managed to get all my manifold done fairly cheap vaux wanted 1k forget that. Sounds like yours have broken shut mine were open so not as bad. Hope you resolve it soon :) how's the boost situation from before
Yeah, I've read on the Pierburg site that if they are open, it'll smoke low down, but if they're shut, it'll smoke high up. It smokes from about 2k, but really bad from 3.5k :(

Boost is alright, but it really hesitates when it hits 2.5k. Also keep getting P0234 codes at 4k in 4th, 3.5k in 6th... dunno if it's related, whether the box is turned up too high, not sure :shrug:

·
Banned
7,500 Posts
Still having the coolent problem mike :( looks like Ian and I didn't fix it then :lol: dam fish tank cleaning thing.

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
Still having the coolent problem mike :( looks like Ian and I didn't fix it then :lol: dam fish tank cleaning thing.
It's still the same as it was when we left it. Remember it was foaming up a lot and took a while to come back, yet after we run it through to clear the air it started dropping then immediately coming back? It's still doing the drop then coming straight back again... Seeing as it had been a long drive, I checked it as soon as I got to the hotel for Trax and it was fine already having been sat there for a minute... Not sure exactly what's going on. I reckon it's still an airlock somewhere and could probably just do with a change of coolant :shrug:

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
if it is a air lock take the cap off and let it idle with the thermo open ( heaters on full) not as bad as my coolant problem, it would go down when i put my foot down and not come back up i had a small hole in a pipe!

·
Registered
32,567 Posts
if it is a air lock take the cap off and let it idle with the thermo open ( heaters on full) not as bad as my coolant problem, it would go down when i put my foot down and not come back up i had a small hole in a pipe!
That's what we did to cure the foaming issue, but it still drops constantly. The difference is instead of having to wait for the foam to go back to liquid before it rises again, it just rises straight away.

·
Registered
7,744 Posts
good to hear your car is sorted buddy(Y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts