Astra Owners Network banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Okay....

So, problem is the ABS Control Pump, part number 13246534.

As its totally gubbed, it is acting as a break in the circuit to the ecu so literally no modules are communicating with each other.

Waiting to find one at a breakers yard and get it fitted hopefully over the next couple of days.

Replace that and bleed the brakes and should be on to a winner.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah I hope you never need to.

Auto electrician was 40 a hour and took a long time to diagnose, £100 quid down for it.

Think I've found a breakers doing the abs pump for £40 so hopefully get that and replace by Monday.

Still, a lot less than the £400+ I thought I'd be paying when ECU kept popping into the back of my head.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Good to know, never experienced it myself tho
Really common on vectra/signums. The abs unit is the first thing to get spiked if you have an electrical issue, part of the reason you should never jump start one.

Usually make the dash lights do silly things and immobilise the car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Okay so had the auto electrician out today again as the abs module was replaced but car still wouldn't start. He managed to connect tech2 to the car no bother this time, and error is unable to communicate with cim module.So hey ho looks like I need a new cim.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Yes.
He problem in the end turned out to be the power steering module. Unplugged it and car started no problem.
A new power steering installed amd car is bacl to normal, no issues since.
Along the way I replaced abs module and cim unit as both were having issues, but can say for certain the actual issue was power steering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the replay, Where did you fine the Power steering module to unplug it
I don't think thats going to be my problem though as i've been using opcom to activate the PAS to allow me to move the car without popeye arms haha.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts