Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am probably the only Vauxhall Astra J owner that managed to crash his car in less than a week of owning it..

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

Cosmetic damage only..I will need to replace the Front Bumper/Grill/Headlights. Everything else seems to be in working condition.

However, I am struggling to find the exact bumper. I would prefer it to be new and paint it myself. Could someone help me identify what exactly I need as I am only finding this model, which certainly won't work:
Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive design Grille

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, I also found one hanging wire. As all the lights are in working condition, I was wondering what this could be
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Tire Tread

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
The "wire" is the outside temp sensor,
if you want help with part numbers then we need more car details,reg or vin should do

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
According to the vin your car has the OPC / VXR LINE PACK 2 fitted from the factory
so different from most out there
Bumper panel 13462766
lower grille 13401084
n/s headlight 13365292

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what makes it so confusing..most of the websites will not match the right parts. I will get around it in time, as I said, I only bought it 1 week ago.

Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Drinkware Rectangle Font

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
According to the vin your car has the OPC / VXR LINE PACK 2 fitted from the factory
so different from most out there
Bumper panel 13462766
lower grille 13401084
n/s headlight 13365292
Could I ask you what n/s comes from? I've also seen some items listed with n/s/f and I am not sure what it means.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Stefan

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
n/s = nearside (lefthand on rhd car) n/s/f = nearside front, n/s/r = nearside rear etc etc
o/s = off side (righthand on rhd car)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know..I'm such a dumb ass. I'm dissapointed with myself as I'm not usually like this..but I guess **** happens and I hope my bad luck depleted with this event.

Another question if I may. With the whole emerging from the crash, I noticed where my coolant is leaking from. I believe this is a pre-existing issue that I bought the car with.

Water Wood Flooring Floor Material property

Would anyone recommend something like this? Would it even fit well and all? It's either this or other aftermarket alternatives that have plastic sides, like the following:

Font Gas Rectangle Technology Machine

The original part is excesively expensive and I would avoid that if I can.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Stefan

·
Registered
453 Posts
You'll struggle to find a used bumper for your car as your spec is rare.. or youll pay a silly price for a used one.

get a new primed one it should only require paint
start of my asking vauxhall as sometimes main dealer is cheaper than third parties

Here are used ones:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks mocool. I've seen those on ebay but they are broken and repaired. The Vauxhall genuine ones are more than £1000 and I am not even sure it comes sprayed in the right colour. I will keep looking

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thanks mocool. I've seen those on ebay but they are broken and repaired. The Vauxhall genuine ones are more than £1000 and I am not even sure it comes sprayed in the right colour. I will keep looking
Theres one in wales in white

or black in sheffield with a bit of damage a bodyshop can repair

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah, I'll have to repair this one myself. thanks for sharing the links and all

1 - 20 of 31 Posts