Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

This has been happening for quite a while now, and I just need some advice.

Basically, when driving fast to achieve a speed greater than that of a fellow road user in a shorter time than said road user *cough*racing*cough*, I was a machine. Swift gear changes, "140bhp", I was the king of shifting. I would rev to 4000, shift, 4000, shift. It was great (and also safe in case you think I'm a hooligan)

But now, I've noticed I can no longer do this. There have been times where I have encountered a fellow enthusiast of acceleration and offered to attempt to out accelerate them *cough*race*cough* and I have lost, due to this issue...

The Problem: When I rev over 3,000 and try to shift gears (Usually more noticeable at 4,000) the shifter will exit the current gear, but refuse to enter the next gear. UNTIL the revs drop below 2,000. I have tested this and that is definitely the case. This means I have to wait a few seconds to put it in gear. It feels kind of like a door, like the door will be closed and you're pushing against it, and then it finally opens at 2,000 revs.

Long story short I have no idea whats up but I hope that was both entertaining and enticing, and I could really use some advice :)

Thanks

TL;DR - Car wont go into gear past 3,000 revs but will once it drops to 2,000

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah clutch on it way out wouldn't affect the rev range. I had the same issue on my old 1.9 CDTI. Same sort of set up. Cleaned the boost sensor and it was like a different car, I recommend so carb cleaner from your local parts shop. Don't poke any screwdrivers or anything down the hole, just spray away with the cleaner it will eventually clean up. Then let it dry out and refit. Let us know if it sorts your problem buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.