Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I was driving round a round about and released the clutch and the engine just revved and did not drive.

Clutch feels fine, gears feel fine just no go forward.

I looked at the gear linage and it is moving through the gears.

It feels like the clutch is constantly engaged. In reverse it makes a bit of noise but other gears are quit.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Cheers,

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,718 Posts
reverse will whine( its straight cut in mist boxes) while the forwards gears are meshed.

If the clutch is constantly engaged you'd struggle to change gear when moving as the gearbox won't disengage from the engine?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Is it a 1.8?? The z18xe has a habit of slowly loosing oil from tje driveshaft oil seals, resulting in the diff blowing up.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well if u r gonna swap the box over then for a 10er over here for a pair they r worth just replacing anyway.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
When u pop the driveshaft out there will b no oil in the box or very little oil.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers, looks like I need to replace the gearbox, guessing the motor needs to come out? I'll be doing in the driveway so out the top of engine bay I think.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If u can remove the subframe, but leave the engine supported from above so it doesnt drop, then drop the box from underneath the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts