Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Been a member for a while now but I bought an A3 instead...... now the A3's gone to release the equity I'm back looking at a Astra, If you'll accept me, haha....

I'm looking at a few Astras and within my budget of £7k my only requirement is that its a sport hatch and a diesel (1.7 for insurance)... obviously being diesel a few high milers are kicking about.... theres a lovely looking '56 1.7CDTi for £6,500 but it has 64,000 miles.... do you think I should avoid or would it be okay providing it has service history?

Any bad reports with high milers?

Thanks,

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Ok i can understand that.

OK TBH, you need to make sure the car is in tip top condition and make sure it comes with Warrenty.

Things to check on the car

ERG Valve
Swirl Laps
Dual Mass Flywheel
Clutch
Gearbox

The ones highlighted in Red i am currentley having problems with.

The ones highlighted in blue are more common faults and are very costly if they go wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok i can understand that.

OK TBH, you need to make sure the car is in tip top condition and make sure it comes with Warrenty.

Things to check on the car

ERG Valve
Swirl Laps
Dual Mass Flywheel
Clutch
Gearbox

The ones highlighted in Red i am currentley having problems with.

The ones highlighted in blue are more common faults and are very costly if they go wrong.
Yeah warranty is a must... I've got warranty with warranty direct that I should be able to transfer over no problem.. I'll take note of those if I decide to go view..

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
The 1.7 is a really good car, surprisingly so. Having said that, think I'd only get one if I did a lot of motorway miles, as that's where it really performs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts