Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive put some dark tinted rear lights on and the bulbs look obviously dimmer. Does anyone know if any 21w [or higher] bulbs are brighter than normal equipment ones? :shrug:

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mmmmm ive sussed out the canbus thing now. On older cars you can take out a 5watt bulb and replace with a 10watt to make the rear brighter. You cant do that now as they are all 21watt and the electrical system supplies the relevant bulb with just the right amount of power for each relevant light. How to get them brighter? Mmmmmmmm short of buying canbus friendly bulbs at £16 per pair, thats £80 in total, cant see a way round it :banghead:

·
A.O.N Assistant Regional Organiser - Scotland East
27,718 Posts
Only thing I can suggest is look on eBay, you should be able to get canbus friendly bulbs for little or nothing, my front ans rear canbus LEDs cost me 99p while the UK stores were wanting £8-10 for what was essentially the same bulb.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok matey...........i'll have another good search, but they were all really really pricey on fleabay earlier :(

·
Registered
232 Posts
Ok matey...........i'll have another good search, but they were all really really pricey on fleabay earlier :(
These guys offer a pair for £5.74, and claim twice the output of normal glass bulbs. They are 17mm wide, thinner than the glass ones(25mm), so they will fit into the light cluster. Possibly worth e-mailing them first, get a deal for your bulk order.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-Car-1156-Canbus-382-BA15S-P21W-White-44-SMD-LED-Tail-Brake-Signal-Light-Bulb-/300735708400?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item46053ebcf0

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These guys offer a pair for £5.74, and claim twice the output of normal glass bulbs. They are 17mm wide, thinner than the glass ones(25mm), so they will fit into the light cluster. Possibly worth e-mailing them first, get a deal for your bulk order.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-Car-1156-Canbus-382-BA15S-P21W-White-44-SMD-LED-Tail-Brake-Signal-Light-Bulb-/300735708400?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item46053ebcf0
Oooooo :eek: I like the price. Worth a punt at that, and if they go missing from King Dong ive lost nowt really. Dont want to buy 5 lots at £20- £25 per pair :'(
Cheers! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts