Astra Owners Network banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I am wondering if i should be concered about a brake noise coming from my front left brake.
It a deep rumble/groaning sound. Its not very loud and doesnt happen all the time but more often that not.
You can also feel slight vibrations on the brake pedal. The brakes seem to work fine though.
I washed the car on friday and it was on friday evening when this started happening. Im not sure if that has anything to do with it though.

I better mention that its an Sri CDTI. 1.9 Diesel.

Many Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just had somebody at work look at it. He thinks that its the brake pads. The Front discs aren't exactly smooth either.
Hopefully i'l just need new brake pads and not discs aswell.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had a similar problem on a previous car, it was the brake pads. Pads had worn down almost to nothing and the brakes would give a rumbly groan sound at low speeds, especially whilst going around corners. It was easy to diagnose, just had a look at the pads and there was nothing left on them ;)

Got away with just replacing the pads - my discs weren't shot but I guess that's individual to the car.
My car is an 08 plate so i am hopeful that the discs will be okay for now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.