Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

If I was going to replace the front disks on my 1.7cdti H van, for disks of the same size but get drilled/grooved ones, which ones are suitable and where do I get them?

Are there rear drilled/grooved ones available? Should they be replaced at the same time so that they are matched?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
566 Posts
The cheapest drilled/grooved ones will be from MTEC (very popular on here, I have them myself :D). Go to http://www.mtecbrakes.co.uk or they have an Ebay store under the name mtec100, and after a quick look on the bay;

Front discs only - £55 free p&p
Front discs and pads - £80 free p&p
Front and rear discs and pads - £150 free p&p

Their rear discs are drilled and grooved as well, but you don't need to match front and rear, just left and right - discs should always be replaced in axle pairs. Nothing wrong with running d&g fronts and standard rears if you want! (Y)

Ebay ones are uncoated, but you can get an extra anti-corrosion coating from the website, though I have it and I suggest you avoid it unless you don't intend to replace your discs again for like 5+ years - it takes ages to come off, and your brakes will be appallingly bad until it does.

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi.
I have a grooved and drilled discs at the rear axle of my z20let.
Everything perfect, have not cracked, bent or have not been smeared rare.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts