Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had to go to near derby to pick it up, next day went straight to the DVLA in chester to put my private pressed plates on!

IMG_0710.jpg
IMG_0712.jpg
IMG_0713.jpg
IMG_0711.jpg

done a few little mods IE.

Wind Deflectors,
VXR indicator surrounds
BMC panel filter
SMD Conversion & Cruise Controll

Plans:

̶S̶p̶e̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶m̶p̶e̶d̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶S̶M̶D̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶&̶ ̶C̶r̶u̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶
Booked to have V Grill & Chrome Boot Strip colour coded
HID H1/H7, Led side, fog & number-plate bulbs all to match 6k
Just sent off for a quote to get all the callipers & strut brace powder coated.
Remap
Tints
Sat Nav
Strut Brace

Piano black interior

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
27/08/2012

Drove to Bradford to meet stampede who fitted my cruise control & blue SMD conversion, clever fella taught himself how to do it, my girlfriend was impressed! :mrgreen:.

Also installed VXR indicator surrounds, weathers to bad at the minute to take pics will upload next time im home. Next mod? cars booked in this wednesday to have the V grill & Boot strip colour coded :p

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok so a few updates since last time, have to excuse the lateness im in the Royal Navy and can only do stuff on weekends.

Where to start hmm. the car got colour coded the other week so no more chrome v grill and boot strip :mrgreen:

My mate fitted my HID's for me, i got a 55w canbus slim ballast 6k kit. changed my sidelights to these
although i had a bit of an issue and had to buy some resistors for them, i also bought some phillips diamond vision H3 bulbs that are labeled as 5000k not bad considering my hid kit is 6000k. Now for the full beam, i bought some MTEC H1 100W cosmos blue bulbs for these. there is a slight colour difference from the dipped beam but nothing i can do :'( besides im not too bothered. i also changed the number plate bulbs to LED, aswell as the glove box festoon and boot. i bought a very good festoon for the main interior light and it even dims when i enter and exit the car which i thought id lose switching to LED
. Had a lot of trouble changing the rear interior light bulbs so they havent been changed as of yet and ive tried 3 different types of bulb.

Next was the tints :cool:

Then i bought this little thing
:p, Its currently being powdercoated gloss black. Due to collect and have it fitted next week

I did buy a complete piano black interior off ebay but it was absolutely battered when it arrived so i kicked off and demanded a refund, not sure whether i should bother getting it in the future either because im OCD about scratches and marks and all of them seem to be damaged off fleebay. will cost a small fortune new from VX and its going to show every fingermark :lol:

Bought a brand new set of penta centre caps from VX. Waiting for the weather to brighten up before i take all my wheels off and paint my calipers gloss black, was going to get them powder coated but its too much hassle, Also ordered a new aerial base from VX as it looks like a German shepherds been chewing on the seal of mine

Also changed my mind on a sat nav, just going to invest in a good tomtom and put the money towards something else, after Christmas ill have more money because all my debts should be gone so im hoping to remap it and put a xvr bumper on :cool:

Managed to get my snow foam working this morning with a new jetwash, but then it rained so havent got many good pics im afraid anyway heres what i took

Attachments

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FEW MORE PICS

Sides, Fogs & HID's:

Light Output:

Sides & Fogs:

Stampede SMD Conversion:

Number Plate LED's:

Interior LED Upgrades:

Finally.. Night Rider :D or as my brother says "It Isnt A Car.." #DarkKnight

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
That super clean..A very nice vehicle indeed mister.... Im jel of your driveway too..All that space to put ya man stuff when working on the car.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yer mate 20 minute job to fit HID'S and I'm not the best at car stuff ha. And no hassle at all mate had them in my old zetec s. No one says anything

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
UPDATE:

had my OMP strut brace powdercoated earlier this week and Andy @ A.S Autocare fitted it this morning for me, aswell as fixing my rear washer jet, and changed my aerial base to get rid of the scabby old seal

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just fitted silvatech chrome indicator bulbs for the rear aswell as LED reversing lights and quick reaction brake lights only a few mods left to go now I think.

VXR Font Bumper
RARB (powder coated then fitted)
Remap
Powerfold Wingmirrors

1 - 20 of 137 Posts