Astra Owners Network banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, so I just bought a used 2L GTC!

42k miles and 7/8 years old, its passed its MOT each and every year with nothing more than advisories. But!!! it was a Cat D, and from what I can figure out it has some bodywork on the passenger side. I got it for a bit of a steal too so I was kinda expecting issues of some sorts. And despite me taking it for a test drive I didn't notice these until I got home.

The issues
No cruise control - From what I can tell none of the buttons do anything other than light up. There's no update on a display when any are pressed (not sure if they should display anything though). The buttons on the other side of the steering wheel work just fine.

No working parking sensors (I have a "service parking assist" error)

And finally no air con, though....Im hoping this could be an empty tank?

I also have a diagnostic tool, which I used, but it showed no errors, but every chance Im not using it correctly, its been a long day and Ive never used it before. Ive also checked the fuse for the parking sensor to and that one seems fine too.

Other than that everything seems to work, and its genuinely a lovely ride. Im not overly concerned about the parking sensor and the cruise control (tho I would like to fix them) as I never had those on my old car, but the aircon is pretty important, especially on days like today!

One thing that did occur to me.. The car was in a crash and despite it being fixed and passing many MOTs since I wonder if as part of its repair these problems were simply never fixed, or disconnected or something. Afterall none of the issues here would cause it to fail an MOT.

I may phone the previous owner about these things but I feel he won't be much help, not because he's a di*k, but because I got the impression he never drove it.

Those are the details If anyone can offer any advice or approaches on how to get to the bottom of some of these problems I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check if your cruise control works in third gear as mine only works in third and no fault codes aircon probs just needs regassed kwik fit do for £40 and don't charge if its leaking etc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts